• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Someone brought up in another thread that you could easily filter your swimming pool water to drink if worst came to wost. Someone else suggested this filter:

Garden Hose Chlorine Filter - Pond Cleaning from Pond Biz Supplies

The filter says it works on normal tap water. I'm guessing that pool water could be a little strong for this filter? Anyone care to discuss? Or suggest a different filter?

It's a good idea but you would want to filter it correctly so as not to get sick.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Im interested in some info too! Have a "takedown" pool.
    Figured when the season is ending, and its time to break down and drain the pool, can any of the water be filtered, bottled and stored?

Interesting....will be watching!

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Considering tap water from most city's is at 2PPM chlorine a swimming pool is at 3 to 5 PPM based on how well you keep up with your chemicals it would be fine. I would run it through an activated carbon drinking water filter and you will enjoy great tasting drinking water. :twocents:

There is also an experimental filter setup on the market using a phynegal(can't remeber the exact spelling) moss filter for proper water balance. You can google spanaturally to see the different versions. Might be a better all around filter. I built one of the first test filters for this compnay and put it on a pool in Lagrange. I also came up with their current system they use now after telling them their original systems were junk. This system eleminates the need for all the hazardous chemicals used to gain proper PH and Alkalinity with a total reduction in needed chlorine or other sanitizers<these are just a few of the advantages of using this system I don't want get to technical. I hold no stock in this company and I personally think the people running it are tools...but it does work if maintained properly.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Here is an idea folks. You can go to the pet store and pick up a kit that test for chorine in water for fishtanks. Why don't you get one of those and then run the pool water through whatever filter you intend to try and then test it. ANY amount of chorine would show up on that test.

Greg

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Gotta be sure what you were putting in it didn't have other stuff in it. Some folks use bacteria-cide in their pool water along with fungicides and other stuff. Some additives contain heavy metals so only filter pool water you know has only had chlorine added.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gotta be sure what you were putting in it didn't have other stuff in it. Some folks use bacteria-cide in their pool water along with fungicides and other stuff. Some additives contain heavy metals so only filter pool water you know has only had chlorine added.

Hmm. Any known filters if there are such additives in the water?

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Carbon filters will filter most pesticides and fungicides from water. If you're really worried go to an aquarium supply website and order a 5 stage ro/di filter for under $200 - that will clean EVERYTHING from your water!

Joe

Top Bottom