• ...and so much more!
  • Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have had a few people ask me how to do this, so I took pics will share the info with you. If you got 10 min and can color a page in a coloring book then you can do this. It is a no brainer.

Things I use,

1 - gun to be filled in
    1 - can of gun oil
    1 - old rag, but clean
    2 - crayons (colors are your choice, I use white and red orange)

Everything
    HPIM2651.jpg

Color things in and use pressure and go different ways.
    HPIM2652.jpg

HPIM2654.jpg

HPIM2653.jpg

Wipe off excess crayon shavings.
    HPIM2656.jpg

Spray with gun oil and rub excess off finish, fill in spaces you missed and add extra oil and rub some more.
    HPIM2658.jpg

HPIM2663.jpg

HPIM2662.jpg

HPIM2661.jpg

Enjoy.

If you don't like it brake clean or gun scrubber will remove the crayon along with a toothpick.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This may be a silly question, but won't the crayon melt? It looks good though. I really like white on the black. Scutter did ours but he used paint I think. Mine is pink on my Glock 26. He used white on his XD.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have never had the crayon melt and it has been pretty durable. If it screws up it takes like 2 min to fix.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    If you're concerned about durability, you can buy the laquer sticks from Brownells for a little bit of nothing.

Their application is exactly the same as described.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Have you used this on a pistol slide? I might do this to my M&P9.

I did them on my XD and they held up pretty well. the slide got too hot the crayon would start to melt. Didn't bother me cause it took no time and cost 35 cents for a box of crayons :):

Only thing that sucks on those paint sticks is the $10 shipping on a $4 stick.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Its good for a one time use for anybody, I figured I'll start a thread with all the discount codes when the package arrives.

I wasn't about to fight the 40lbs of stuff and pay the baggage surcharge on top of it all, was much cheaper to ship it home.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Although this is a good writeup, I think that most people would want something a little more durable and permanent.

The product for filling roll-mark lettering and logos is Lacquer-Stik. This product is a crayon-like and is applied similarly to the above directions. The one difference is the cleaning of smudges is done with mineral oil. ($1.50 @ Wally World)

Once Lacquer-Stik is applied, you have to let the weapon sit untouched for a week while the lacquer cures to become permanent. (Fingernail polish and a toothpick will remove it later if need be.)

Lacquer-Stiks can be found at Brownells or at this link: Lacquer-Stik Paintstick, White - Part #: L51120

This is my M&P with white lacquer... I do get a lot of comments at the range:
    mymp40pc2.jpg

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Looks great!!! We used crayon on a couple of our older Bushys. But we used some acrylic paint on a couple of our recent builds: (the red doesnt show up as well with the paint)

lowers002.jpg

Top Bottom