• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I am with you, I do not want to fight, I do not wish to fight, it is painful.

Do you want to fight me? You do? I am just going to shoot you then, do you still wish to fight me?

If someone wants to fight me I would bring the Wrath of God down on them to keep from being injured if I could, so a big stick, knife or firearm will have to do.

Moral of the story, don't pick a fight with me:cool:

Reminds me of the movie Judge Roy Bean. "Roy! you shot him in the back! You didn't even give him a fair fight!" Roy Bean answers "Sure, I shot him in the back.......If he had wanted a fair fight, then he wouldn't have come to my town!"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Maybe I totally missed the original article, but I thought the phrase "Fighting Words" in the context of the article meant that a fight was eminent. They used the situation saying FU while walking away not the same as FU and advancing. To me, the actions are much louder than the words, but then I'm not up on inner city slang for "I'm Going To Kick Your @$$".

In very close and tight situations you may not be able to read someone's actions. If a phrase is common and interpretable as an eminent threat of violence, then maybe that's what they're getting at?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    "Don't wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Kirk's Grandpa.

"Don't wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it. You'll go to jail and lose your LTCH."

Kirk

You can substitute "lawyer" for "pig" in the above sentences and they still hold true....

ArmedProgrammer

Oh... wait... Kirk is a... never mind. :D

Top Bottom