• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    hornday,

I know you meant no ill-will, but your statement "In a lot of cases, these businesses are providing a charity as they aren't going to produce enough to earn their keep" is incorrect. If an employee (special needs or otherwise) will do a good job, and be diligent, then they beat probably 90% of the workforce. From casual observation, it seems that so called "special needs" employees are often more focused on their task, which is more than you can say for most folk, especially under age 30. Generation Y (or whatever the term is) is in deep trouble because (virtually) no one understands what hard work is.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    hornday,

I know you meant no ill-will, but your statement "In a lot of cases, these businesses are providing a charity as they aren't going to produce enough to earn their keep" is incorrect. If an employee (special needs or otherwise) will do a good job, and be diligent, then they beat probably 90% of the workforce. From casual observation, it seems that so called "special needs" employees are often more focused on their task, which is more than you can say for most folk, especially under age 30. Generation Y (or whatever the term is) is in deep trouble because (virtually) no one understands what hard work is.

thanks, you said it better than what I did. There is a place called Greenbush Industries that does some small stuff for us. They pay the guys piece rate. Some of them can do several hundred an hour, some not so much but I will guarantee you they are giving it 100%. I'd rather have 100 units from a guy that gives it 110% than 101 from a slacker. I'm against almost every social program our government has but providing for our people with special needs is something we should do.

Top Bottom