• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I go through Muncie generally a couple times every week. I've been in several times since they opened. It is nice to have a shop in Muncie and I don't dislike the place but I don't think it's all that special. The prices are decent. They have an average selection. To me it's kind of a Prairie Creek reversed. Prairie Creek has more pawn stuff and some guns, McGalliard Guns has more guns and some pawn stuff. Honestly, when I go into a gun shop I don't expect to see coins and misc stuff for sale. When I do I guess I think pawn shop. I know, I know, hence the name McGalliard Guns & more.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    Just wanted to give my report on my trip to the new gun store in Muncie: McGalliard Guns & More. My wife and I made a trip from Richmond. That place was hopping. We spent 20-30 minutes in there and we saw 3 policeman come in at different times shopping. They had a really cool 10 gauge single shot shotgun that when my wife saw it said, “That would be really cool over the fireplace.” I didn’t buy it, but it was $122. Way high on the cool factor. They had a Mossberg shot gun that looked like it came out of a patrol car somewhere. I looked at a Ruger LCP and my wife knew that I always wanted one. She said, “Why don’t you buy that LCP? You know you want it.” I did buy it and an ankle holster. The salesmen were knowledgeable and friendly. They had the largest selection of holsters I have seen in a brick and mortar store. I wasn’t fond of the LCP pocket holsters and passed on them. I probably saw a hundred or so new and used (?) handguns in the cases. I thought the prices were fair. I asked if they do gunsmithing and the guy behind the counter said they do not, but they send the guns to someone that does. Has anyone else been there? It is located across the street from KFC and Chili’s on McGalliard. Muncie needed a place since Ludco’s…relocated.

You say you are from Richmond, I heard they have 2 new gun stores there. One is at RISCO, across from Little Sheba's, and one across from Square Donuts by Clara's.

I have only been to the one at RISCO though, it is called Avenue Arms.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    You say you are from Richmond, I heard they have 2 new gun stores there. One is at RISCO, across from Little Sheba's, and one across from Square Donuts by Clara's.

I have only been to the one at RISCO though, it is called Avenue Arms.

Cool I didn't know about the one at the Risco building how is their selection? I'm gonna have to make a trip in there one day this week for sure. The other one is called black bore firearms and yes it is across from square donuts on NW 5th St and the corner of NW L St. Selection is decent and Tim Cole ( the owner ) is a pretty knowledgeable guy, I've known him for a long time.

Robin Hood

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Richmond, IN
    I wouldn't call the place across from the square donut place a gun store. I haven't been inside, but they advertise they buy gold/siver stuff. It sounds like guns and more also.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I wouldn't call the place across from the square donut place a gun store. I haven't been inside, but they advertise they buy gold/siver stuff. It sounds like guns and more also.

Yep you got it that's exactly what it is. He was a car dealer and still is actually. He just opened hear recently as a gun dealer.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I just stopped in there today while my wife was in Hobby Lobby. The guys working in there were very helpful to the customers in there. There wasn't a GREAT selection, but I wouldn't call it limited either. The prices were ok, nothing to rush in for really, but the place is nice. It was a much better place to spend my time than Hobby Lobby/ Jo Anns fabrics, imo.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom