• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the delegation went to the funeral to salute with a middle finger, that would be acceptable.

Yeah I guess when a guy embarrasses you repeatedly for half a century, one would want to resort to such vulgarities. lol

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apparently, I'm not that smart. But I do know Cuba's history. If you think it's shouldn't be done, due to a 50+ year old grudge, then yeah, I guess there will be those who will hold your opinion. And since I think Trump is a petty person, I imagine that he would not have sent a representative.
    Wll, that's one wayto oversimplify it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Tradition, as well as a show of respect to the nation. Ideological differences don't prevent this. I think a muted delegation, in the mist, of a thaw is acceptable.
    Maybe Castro should've shown a little more respect to the people of his own nation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe Castro should've shown a little more respect to the people of his own nation.

Surely that not your reasonings for not attending the funeral. Bad treatment of his populace? If that's the case, the United States shouldn't be going for the exact same reasons.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently, I'm not that smart. But I do know Cuba's history. If you think it's shouldn't be done, due to a 50+ year old grudge, then yeah, I guess there will be those who will hold your opinion. And since I think Trump is a petty person, I imagine that he would not have sent a representative.
    50+ year old grudge has nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Surely that not your reasonings for not attending the funeral. Bad treatment of his populace? If that's the case, the United States shouldn't be going for the exact same reasons.
    How the hell is it honoring the people of Cuba by attending a despot dictator's memorial services?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Why not instead go and show respect to the tens of thousands murdered in the name of this communist utopia rather for the dictator who ordered the murders?
    Call me crazy, but there's nothing "petty" about abstaining from making a pretense out of it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why not instead go and show respect to the tens of thousands murdered in the name of this communist utopia rather for the dictator who ordered the murders?
    Call me crazy, but there's nothing "petty" about abstaining from making a pretense out of it.
    Exactly. There are other ways of showing respect to the people of Cuba of which whom I and I'd be willing to bet Trump harbor no grudges against.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Or why not go to show respect for the tens of thousands murdered in the name of a particular American-supported dictator who gave rise to Castro in the first place? Hell, a apology probably actually is warranted in this case, for creating Castro, after propping Batista. :dunno:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Or why not go to show respect for the tens of thousands murdered in the name of a particular American-supported dictator who gave rise to Castro in the first place? Hell, a apology probably actually is warranted in this case, for creating Castro, after propping Batista. :dunno:

SMH

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, what do you think the families of those tens of thousands murdered, who fled to the US, would think about that? Our leaders tend to meddle. And when they meddle there are unintended consequences. But what Castro did was on Castro.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess Castro gets a pass. Not that I'm saying the US should get a pass.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess Castro gets a pass. Not that I'm saying the US should get a pass.

Oh yeah, he's small potatoes compared to Emperor Hirohito(yeah know, leader of Japan during WW2) who was lucky enough to have Dubya pay his respects. And let's not forget about the funeral of ole Ruskie Lenoid, who the Golden Elephant had the duty of sending his VP to attend. I assume you don't need more examples, cause there are plenty.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Oh yeah, he's small potatoes compared to Emperor Hirohito(yeah know, leader of Japan during WW2) who was lucky enough to have Dubya pay his respects. And let's not forget about the funeral of ole Ruskie Lenoid, who the Golden Elephant had the duty of sending his VP to attend. I assume you don't need more examples, cause there are plenty.

You like to play devil's advocate most of the time, but this is flat ridiculous.
    Was Fidel your cousin or something?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Fidel just had a smaller playing field. By percentages he's been far worse than many of the big names. But hey. Since he didn't actually kill as many people as he could have, I think I'll wear a Fidel shirt. Here, let me take off my Che shirt real quick.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    We are sending a delegation to show our respect for Cuba, like we would do for any other nation. This is more acceptable to me than sending a delegation to the funeral of someone who got killed fighting with the police after they committed a crime.

Top Bottom