• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    What is the typical fee for an FFL to transfer a gun bought online, and how hard is to to find someone to do it?
    Since they are possibly missing out on a sale, I can see why they might be reluctant. Local store here in Fort Wayne said "No".

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Varies from shop to shop - averages around $25, from the comments here. Might look on Gunbroker, they have a list of large list of FFL's that transfer for the buyers and sellers, sure they will transfer for anyone legal.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    What is the typical fee for an FFL to transfer a gun bought online, and how hard is to to find someone to do it?
    Since they are possibly missing out on a sale, I can see why they might be reluctant. Local store here in Fort Wayne said "No".

Local store in the fort needs to be outted for not providing good customer service. You might have bought some ammo when the gun showed up. I like to know who to avoid. Shop's name?:noway:

Bailey's Bait and Tackle west of Columbus on 46 does mine for $20. And he is glad of the business. Get a pop and say hello to Charles if you go by.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

My local shop in Logansport, Downham & Son's Shooters Supply charges $30.00 and they gladly do it. Hey , its a business and thirty bucks is thirty bucks profit to them and it helps me. I usually buy a box of ammo as well when they receive and transfer a gun for me. Just as a courtesy way of saying "Thanks" That is just me though. :D

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    My local shop in Logansport, Downham & Son's Shooters Supply charges $30.00 and they gladly do it. Hey , its a business and thirty bucks is thirty bucks profit to them and it helps me. I usually buy a box of ammo as well when they receive and transfer a gun for me. Just as a courtesy way of saying "Thanks" That is just me though. :D

Hey, not a ton of people know about his shop, but there is a place N on 17, just south of Hwy 114 (close to Fulton). I think its called Johns Gun Shack or something like that. I've been in there a few times and the owner is a really nice guy. I hope to do some business there soon. It's my new place to stop on the way home after Jims Guns closed... Sorry to derail the topic! Carry on!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you don't mind a drive make a drive to INGO sponsor 21st Century.

Or, nearby 21st Century is my favorite shop. Its a hole in the wall (literally in a guys barn) shop that has very low overhead. He is very honest. One time I went in there to buy a gun, I wanted to give him the business. He told me straight up that by the time he (a small-timer) gets it in it's going to cost me more than if I just buy from a big-timer and pay his $15 transfer fee. Gotta love honesty. The place is called Frank's Sport Shop just east of Bluffton on 124. Get his hours first, he is only open 2 nights a week evenings only and Saturday afternoon according to the ratty looking business card I have. But that info could easily have changed. Let me know if you want address of PH#.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I happened to call Sniper Company on Highview Drive in Fort Wayne today and asked them the same question. They said $35 which isn't the cheapest, but at least they didn't say no.

Gibson90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    20 to 25 in Indy. Lots of great private individuals are FFLs. I recommend Richards guns if in Indy.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Im use to paying $20 at Red Barn in Salem, I had to pay $40 at one place here in Lafayette, but I think most places around here are $30.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Midwest gun exchange in south bend charges 35. You would think with all the recent sales they would have made enough money to lower it a bit.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Midwest gun exchange in south bend charges 35. You would think with all the recent sales they would have made enough money to lower it a bit.

If you purchased all of your firearms from them, they wouldn't have to do transfers, would they.

If you have other advice on how to stay in business, stop by and let them know. I'm sure they're interested in more of your insight.:nuts:

Top Bottom