• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Wild hog big tusks and all killed this morning by a car west of Bloomington Indiana
    picture.php

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    picture.php
    Note tusk that was knocked out by impact with car and found on the road. (first pic sitting on his hip) (second pic on his shoulder)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Discovery, TLC, or Animal Plant (Can't remember which channel) had a show on it called The Pig Bomb. Very interesting. Very dangerous animal. Some of those bad boys were over 400 lbs! If it's on, it's definitely worth watching.

My buddy's and I are planning a trip to Florida to get on some hog with our bows. I'm pretty excited about it. It'll be my first time. :D

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    he was a very very rank smelling old boar. might think twice about putting him in a freezer that you would ever put food in :)

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    they tear up so much and are such nasty creatures. I look at them like terrorists. I want to kill them on their own soil no need to have to fight them in our own back yards, Go to texas, tenn,wva,fla, to hunt them but if you see one here kill them by any means neccesary. they would be a terrible blight on crops and wildlife if they got a foothold here.

tuckdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Those things are a real problem when they get out of control. They breed like rabbits. The can destory a lot of sh*t quickly. Take em out!!!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Discovery, TLC, or Animal Plant (Can't remember which channel) had a show on it called The Pig Bomb. Very interesting. Very dangerous animal. Some of those bad boys were over 400 lbs! If it's on, it's definitely worth watching.

My buddy's and I are planning a trip to Florida to get on some hog with our bows. I'm pretty excited about it. It'll be my first time. :D

I saw that, very good show, it seem's someone down south brought over some Russian Boar's and let them loose to breed..... it seem's that is when they got a lot more agressive.

Spot light hunting for them down there is also legal but there are so many and they breed so fast that you kill one and they next day 20 are born.

Hunter's have even made leather body armor for their dog's......

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    I'm on a lease in GA. Shoot the darn things on sight even if you leave em lay to rot. You want to see your deer and turkey populations go down, have few hogs around and it will happen. They are very distuctive and breed worse than rabbits. I read somewhere that to keep them in check you have to take like 75% of the population every year.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    kill them all the pits of hell will spit out more :) can you tell I am not a fan of them. the only thing they are good for is killing.
    the pictures I posted show a very very nasty animal that is a scurge on crops and wildlife.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    You've obviously never tried to eat a pork chop from an old boar. Like trying to chew up an old boot with a gym sock inside it!
    Well never ate an old boot that had an old sock in it. Always took the sock out.
    But just a couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine got a 375#er in Texas, ate it and it was fine , not strong, great.

Must be that the secret is in the sauce.

They multiply almost as fast as rabbits.

Top Bottom