• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Really sucks to hear HD. While we're on the topic of poor hunters: I hate people who walk the woods to jump deer and shoot them in the butt.

1. Often unsure of backstop / other hunters.
    2. Hit it in the ass and ruin some of the best meat.
    3. Wound and not recover.
    4. Gutshot. Ew.

In one sections of woods my family has permission to hunt we had the same moron walk up on us on two different occasion this season. No, he wasn't just walking out to his hunting spot, he does this every year. Also didn't have a spec of orange on him this year, last year at least he wore a orange hat so we could see him trampling through the woods. Don't have any problems on any other lands we have permission to hunt, and our family farm and properties are always safe.

Anyone else have walkers?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Anyone else have walkers?

Walkers, or stalkers? I have at times staked hunted deer, but I dont take to the rabbit hunting method of deer hunting. Its not always the best way to hunt, but its proven effective for me on those windy days when the deer just wont move out of their bedding.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Walkers, or stalkers? I have at times staked hunted deer, but I dont take to the rabbit hunting method of deer hunting. Its not always the best way to hunt, but its proven effective for me on those windy days when the deer just wont move out of their bedding.

Walkers. The champs who trample through the woods hoping to jump one.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Warzone? Anyone hunt around the Amish? No kidding, they shot 9 times in about 90 seconds last weekend. What they were shooting or shooting at, I have no idea!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Tresspassers!!

As if my season hasn't been crappy already, I had another run-in this morning. Seems Fence Sitter decided he wanted to go out during M/L season too. After having my day ruined by him the other day, I went out and set up a portable blind down over a small ridge. My blind was in the corner of the property about 75 yards from either side. The morning started with snow flurries, it was cold, but very little wind. I had high hopes. Then around 9:00 am, I see a guy in an orange hat walking through the adjacent property. He is only about 100 yards from me, and he is sure to run anything off if there are any deer in the area. He walked the property line to the corner, then turned and walked the next property line up over the ridge. I watched him the whole time, but he never saw me. Once he was at the top of the ridge, he stopped about 200 yards from me and just stood there for about 5 minutes. I was wondering what he was doing up there, when i see him make a straight shot into my woods toward a tree stand that I had set up.

I was sitting there saying to myself "Oh no he didn't", and immediately got out of my blind heading for him. As I crested the ridge, I see him (about 50 yards at this point) standing right at the base of my tree stand. He looks like he is going to climb it. Well, he sees me and turns away and starts walking off.

ME: HEY!!
    Him: (stops and turns toward me)
    ME: Can I help you?
    Him: I was looking for a deer.
    ME: Oh, did you shoot one?
    Him: Well, I shot AT one.
    ME: When did you shoot it?
    Him: Oh, a while ago.
    ME: Well, I've been out here since 6:30 and I haven't heard ANYBODY shoot.
    Him: Well, I shot. (flat out lie) Who are you?
    ME: (told him my name) And who are you?
    Him: Clyde *something*
    ME: Well, Clyde, you don't have permission to be out here.
    Him: Well, i was just looking for that deer.
    ME: I'm trying to hunt here, and NOBODY is going to see anything as long as you are trampsing through the woods!
    Him: Where are you hunting?
    ME: Just over that hill. I watched you the whole way as you came around.
    Him: Oh, sorry.
    *** he then tries to make small talk ***
    ME: Clyde, I'm going to go back to hunting now. You need to find your way out!

Seriously, what's wrong with people? He is the same guy who is sitting on the fence. What I think happened is that he got cold this morning sitting on the fence, and wanted to come into MY woods to sit in MY stand where it wasn't so windy. I'm done. I'm not going back out and freezing my butt off just to deal with this crap! I will also be selling my rifle and investing in a bow. Hopefully there won't be as many idiots out during bow season. I will also be looking for a new place to hunt. Anyone know of a good place in North Central Indiana?

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Those idiots always ask "who are you?".

I tell them anyone at all can go to the courthouse and get a platt map and get my name. As a matter of fact if they give me their name and address I'll deliver one right to their home live and in person.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well about 7:30 am, I hear a war break out to the south of me.

Man, I have heard this too...

I went deer hunting during firearms season only a few times but I heard something similar to this every time while on public grounds. I learned that I don't have the patience to deer hunt. I stick with hiking or squirrel hunting so I can keep moving. I love the outdoors, but I can't just sit there all day.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Now I realize why Indiana doesn't allow high powered rifles.

I hunt family land in Wisconsin, and you should hear the shots around our property, when opening morning light appears.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I feel your pain, both of my hunts, over the weekend, were messed up by stOOpid people. Saturday morning, in Morgan Monroe, about 8:30 I here a shot, close (too close for comfort), I hear the deer snorting and wheezing, it was definatly hit. Within 5 minutes this guy starts yelling, wistling, and stomping through the woods. In the process kicks up a doe that stops 25 yards from me, but not knowing where this jack*** and friend(s) are, I chose not to take a shot. Sunday, I was on private property that a cousin owns, and had people trespassing to get to a section Yellowood. I wish these people would just stay home instead of messing up other people's hunts.

Top Bottom