• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Call me old fashioned, but when I'm hoping to boost my woman's libido I stick to the traditional method. Tequila.

Have you ever heard the mating call of a UK Sorority girl...

"I SAID I AM DRUNK!!!!!!!"

Of course across the river they replace UK with IU but you get the gist...:)

Good to see you going with the multicultural "Tequila".......I always thought of Bourbon as the way to go but maybe a Gypsy Kings or Julio Iglesias CD combined with some Liquid Latin love potion may be the better route...Thanks for the tip MC....:)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Have you ever heard the mating call of a UK Sorority girl...

"I SAID I AM DRUNK!!!!!!!"

Of course across the river they replace UK with IU but you get the gist...:)

Good to see you going with the multicultural "Tequila".......I always thought of Bourbon as the way to go but maybe a Gypsy Kings or Julio Iglesias CD combined with some Liquid Latin love potion may be the better route...Thanks for the tip MC....:)

Haven't you ever heard that Tequila makes her clothes fall off?

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    Guess we should immediately shut down all drug companies then. Who needs insulin anyway...or antibiotics...silly things like that

I have to admit my response was quite cynical but I have read several articles that state the federal government may have to invest the money to develop new antibiotics because big pharma is not interested.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I do appreciate the good for mankind that pharmaceuticals have done, I truly do. My mother in law, when diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, was given Tarceva as a off-label "trial" (her carcinoma wasn't one that typically responded to Tarceva, but nothing ventured, nothing gained), so that was a very generous blessing by the manufacturer. So, I don't throw the baby out with the bath water...

But when they relabel Prilosec and call it Nexium;

When there is no cure, only symptom management, just a seeming interest is in long-time customers, not a solution to a problem;

When systems of care are based off of poor (outcomes) trials, and the manufacturer has a vested interest in the development of standards of care to promote the only medication on the market that can do the voodoo that it do do;

When a vaccine is heavily promoted to kids, despite not being tested on that demographic, and without clear-cut science saying it is the silver bullet it is promoted as, or in the above, when clearly there are issues with the process or the product...

Yes, I have concerns.

The FDA has made bad moves over the past many years, so I think their golden, "we are here for the good of the nation" reputation isn't quite as shiny as it once was, either. Even the American Heart Association got sullied a decade or so ago when they jumped on the Amiodarone bandwagon (how does an organization recommend a higher dose than what the manufacturer says, anyway?)

But, I'm not going to bash those companies that are trying to do good. I realize it costs a tremendous amount of money to bring a medication to market... maybe the efforts could be better spent on something other than a female libido drug that scraped past the bar under a cloud of controversy...

I knew it wouldn't take long for these posts to show up :rofl:

Now, allow me to bring you back to reality.

This year we ran two batches of a product for clinical trial patients. The drug is not in production. There is no money made from it. We simply ran it for those people because it helped them. We took production time from an already completely full schedule. Production time from products that sell in the billions each year.

What you think you know about Big Pharma couldn't be more wrong.

Also, since you think Big Pharma is all about money please tell us what you do for a living so we can show how you or your company makes more money than we think you should.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I knew it wouldn't take long for these posts to show up :rofl:

Now, allow me to bring you back to reality.

This year we ran two batches of a product for clinical trial patients. The drug is not in production. There is no money made from it. We simply ran it for those people because it helped them. We took production time from an already completely full schedule. Production time from products that sell in the billions each year.

What you think you know about Big Pharma couldn't be more wrong.

Also, since you think Big Pharma is all about money please tell us what you do for a living so we can show how you or your company makes more money than we think you should.

I think there's a middle ground. I don't think ANYONE would deny there are issues with lobbying and selective studies that lead to marginal or outright unsafe drugs making it through FDA approvals. Vioxx comes to mind. It's not always about how much money is made, it's who's hurt when things like that make it to market. There's certainly room for improvement, which is unlikely to happen given how much cash is in the system.

If anyone is curious, pharmaceutical companies spend more money on lobbying then any other industry. Insurance is second.

Lobbying Spending Database | OpenSecrets

I *want* drug companies to make good money. I *want* them to be able to afford to fail in clinical studies and to take risks, and to keep going because of their successes. That doesn't mean I have to be blind to the issues in the industry.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Drugs I am willing to take daily for the rest of my life are thyroid stuff, cholesterol stuff, B/P stuff, etc, etc.

That is exactly what I was going to say. If I need a mood enhancer, there are other ways of doing it besides a pill I need to take daily and pay out the ass for it. No thanks

THERE'S A PILL FOR TAKING IT IN THE A.........

oh. "Pay out the ass" Nevermind. I read that wrong.

Top Bottom