Feelings on Jill Long Thompson for Governor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My man Mitch.

Mitch Daniels is pro-gun, endorsed by the NRA.

The NRA is strongly opposed to Jill Long Thompson and has already mailed out postcards to members in key areas. Thompson's support comes from American Association of University Women (AAUW) and rabidly anti-gun American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), both of which ran pre-election phone banks. In addition, there were reports of union phone banks to members (especially the anti-gun AFL–CIO, UAW, and building trades). The alliance for Retired Americans, a Democratic- leaning interest group often allied with retired UAW members, targeted the Second District and conducted phone banks persuading members to vote for Long Thompson.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I like My Man Mitch. Good or bad, he's certainly caused a lot of change in the state. I don't see a reason to get rid of him after only 4 years.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I refuse to vote for anyone who hyphenates their last name. That shows me someone who can't make a decision. :twocents:

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Thompson

IMO she doesn't have a clue of how she would run the state. She ran for governor nomination years ago and knew as much then as now. I'm for Mitch all the way and I think I'm in a minority amongst my peers as I'm a state employee. :thumbsup:

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Mitch is the man.

In Bowers v. DeVito (1982), the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled, "[T]here is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen."

Ummm, just sorta leaves it up to us, does it not?:cheers:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I always choose who is the best candidate for the job, never by party lines or underlying circumstances. I did feel burned when I voted for mitch 4 years ago, but he is the best person running for the job this year.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    I always choose who is the best candidate for the job, never by party lines or underlying circumstances. I did feel burned when I voted for mitch 4 years ago, but he is the best person running for the job this year.

+1

I feel the same way

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    +1 on mitch... remember the state park carry initiative? He was a supporter

He's also responsible for us not being able to possess the means to protect ourselves when we go to the Statehouse or the Gov't Centers now . . . unless we're "special" like a judge, legislator, or ANYONE WITH AN EMPLOYEE ID CARD. So Mitch may "giveth," but he's taken away more.

Given that, the alternative would be much worse, so Mitch is the obvious choice.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    He's also responsible for us not being able to possess the means to protect ourselves when we go to the Statehouse or the Gov't Centers now . . . unless we're "special" like a judge, legislator, or ANYONE WITH AN EMPLOYEE ID CARD. So Mitch may "giveth," but he's taken away more.

Given that, the alternative would be much worse, so Mitch is the obvious choice.
    An employee ID card does NOT let us possess the means protect ourselves either. We are in the same boat as the rest of you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    An employee ID card does NOT let us possess the means protect ourselves either. We are in the same boat as the rest of you.

Well, if you obey the rules, you are correct. However, your employee id allows you to bypass the metal detectors, correct?

In any case, wether or not employees can or can't carry on the gov't centers campus is beside the bigger point. WE ALL LOST FREEDOM because of this wrong policy that "solved" a non-existent problem and instead of making anyone safer, it made a lot more people at greater risk.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, if you obey the rules, you are correct. However, your employee id allows you to bypass the metal detectors, correct?

In any case, wether or not employees can or can't carry on the gov't centers campus is beside the bigger point. WE ALL LOST FREEDOM because of this wrong policy that "solved" a non-existent problem and instead of making anyone safer, it made a lot more people at greater risk.

Really want to :puke:? Go to the state legislature's webpage. They have video from last session's Senate discussion of Sen. Nugent's bill on 01/29/08. Senators Wyss, Deig, and Lanane were the most vocal against this, but the so-called Republicans who crossed the aisle and voted against SB 356 are the ones who deserve our ire.

The video of this discussion is the evening session, starting at 4:09:00 and lasting just over thirty minutes(this after a "day" session of six hours and change.)

Indiana General Assembly

The Senators who voted against this bill were:

Alting *
    Arnold
    Becker *
    Breaux
    Broden
    Deig
    Errington
    Hume
    Kenley *
    Lanane
    Lawson *
    Lewis
    Lubbers *
    Merritt *
    Mrvan
    Rogers
    Simpson
    Sipes
    Skinner
    Smith
    Tallian
    Wyss *
    R. Young

* =GOP (RINO)

I suggest these names be remembered when we go to the voting booths.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom