• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had the .40 and didn't really like it. I switched to a Glock 26 after that. The trigger pull was much nicer/smoother on the glock. I think Scutter wasn't a big fan of it either. He shoots and XD and loves it.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    i agree about the trigger pull but im over that. i have shot the gun enough to know when its gonna go boom. the only thing ive noticed is that when i fully load the mag to 16 rounds and then have the + 1 it likes to jam when it cycles to the second round. simple solution... I dont add the + 1 and it will work fine with no jam

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    S&W had alot of troble with that model, I have not heared to much good about them If you want to stay in the S&W family get the new S&W M&P they got it right on that one a great gun. I had a friend that bought one and he got rid of it after the first week, not to reliable. Hope this helps

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    as far as handguns go what are the thoughts about the sw9ve?

any problems or trouble anyone has had...

I have one and never really got comfortable with it. It has not been out of the safe after I bought a Glock 26. It depends on what you want it for. For the money it is a good range gun. I had some stove piping with my smith and never felt comfortable using it for CC. My 26 has never missed a round and it is great for CC. For a $150 more you can have the Glock.Sorry guys I didn't mean to turn this into a Glock thread just my :twocents:.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I got the 40cal version and think its a great gun. Ive had it for 6years and ran atleast 2000 rds through it. Im a big strong guy and dont mind the trigger at all. My dad really likes it to. (im thinking about giving it to him as a present) But if your a weakling you might whine about the trigger a lil. But unlike glock style pistols this trigger is not hair sensitive. And tho firm it feel very safe and smothes out nicely after a few hundred rounds. I think its a great shooter and this is compared to my XD-9, M&P-9c, CZ-75b.

I love 40cal And believe it to be a superior round But I can shoot anything and like the price of 9mm...lol

theslacker29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Pierceton
    i bought the .40cal version, love the gun, it takes a bit of time to adjust to the trigger.....
    but all in all, it's not a bad gun for the price...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The SW40VE and SW9VE are a fantastic value. The triggers are intentionally made to be a heavy 12-pound pull. Most do not know that this was done to the Sigmas as a result of the Glock lawsuit settlement. S&W agreed to make some changes to the Sigma and one of those changes was to make the trigger less Glock-like.

The good news is that even though S&W cannot ship them from the factory with a light trigger, they will lighten the trigger for free if you call up the S&W customer service department. They will issue a shipping call tag, pay 2-way shipping and fix it at no charge to the customer. What a deal!

Have fun with your Sigma.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    The SW40VE and SW9VE are a fantastic value. The triggers are intentionally made to be a heavy 12-pound pull. Most do not know that this was done to the Sigmas as a result of the Glock lawsuit settlement. S&W agreed to make some changes to the Sigma and one of those changes was to make the trigger less Glock-like.

The good news is that even though S&W cannot ship them from the factory with a light trigger, they will lighten the trigger for free if you call up the S&W customer service department. They will issue a shipping call tag, pay 2-way shipping and fix it at no charge to the customer. What a deal!

Have fun with your Sigma.

how much do they lighten the trigger pull? is it even worth it?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I am not recommending this but...you can lighten the trigger pull yourself if you want to. This WILL void the warranty. Just Google something like Sigma trigger mod or something like that.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    how much do they lighten the trigger pull? is it even worth it?

Let's see if it is worth it... A trigger pull reduced from an average of 12 pounds to an average of 7.5 pounds. The cost of the reduction is Free shipping (both ways), Free parts and Free labor... What a Rip-Off!!!

Top Bottom