• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That could actually work. We could collect sponsorship from the people on here and people at work etc. etc. and OC at the same time. Double whammy...

assuming the organisers aren't anti gun or w/e.

Well I'm stuck at work for 16 hours. Kinda hard to look stuff up on my phone.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Relay for Life is more of a walk.

Wait... Wait... u want me to walk! :faint: Can I just use my pink wagon and someone push me instead.

BTW an Ohio chapter of the relay for life does gun raffles.
    http://www.ohiosportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27309

And here is a "Guns & Ammo" Relay for Life group on the official relay for life webpage.
    2012 Relay For Life of Anchorage AK | Relay For Life

So I think its safe to say we can OC. If you sign up as a group and bring in donations I don't think the organization will turn us down. It would be stupid to say NO to a donation. :)

Someone set it up, make it happen and I can post it on the NWI INGO events and spam the group.

June 8, 2012 is a FRIDAY. That gives us some time to talk about it at the next MEET & SHOOTs we are going to have.

-Jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Wait... Wait... u want me to walk! :faint: Can I just use my pink wagon and someone push me instead.

BTW an Ohio chapter of the relay for life does gun raffles.
    Relay For Life Gun Raffle! - Ohio Hunting - Ohio Fishing | OhioSportsman.com

And here is a "Guns & Ammo" Relay for Life group on the official relay for life webpage.
    2012 Relay For Life of Anchorage AK | Relay For Life

So I think its safe to say we can OC. If you sign up as a group and bring in donations I don't think the organization will turn us down. It would be stupid to say NO to a donation. :)

Someone set it up, make it happen and I can post it on the NWI INGO events and spam the group.

June 8, 2012 is a FRIDAY. That gives us some time to talk about it at the next MEET & SHOOTs we are going to have.

-Jedi

I'm 100% down for attending... Lets have some details from the guy who originally brought it up ;) :)

I know next to nothing about who organises it or how to get involved... but I can spam my colleagues to give me sponsorship since they all threw in $2 (me included) to this stupid lottery draw, they can spend $5 or so on me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I had my 6 hours off, and back at work. I'll call the coordinator, but I'll wait till Monday. I will just ask what's involved and that type of thing. Then get back to you guys.

What I do know is that it starts in the evening, goes till morning. You can have tents, so people not actually walking can sleep if they want.

They would "like" each participant to raise at least $100. Not usually that hard, almost anybody you ask, will know someone that's had cancer.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Last one of these I did was at a Highschool so it could be a no go that way. You need to find out were it is being held.

Speaking of I think I just thought of a new charity. Anyone ever start a 501c3? If so Pm me. I have a hell of an idea.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Last one of these I did was at a Highschool so it could be a no go that way. You need to find out were it is being held.

Speaking of I think I just thought of a new charity. Anyone ever start a 501c3? If so Pm me. I have a hell of an idea.

The one I'm looking at is at the Lake County Fairgrounds.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Maybe in Hammond.</purple>

I'd agree, keep the chief out of it. I doubt anyone would pay any attention to us if we were picking up trash...

Hmm we need the attention... Let's all wear orange jumpsuits with a big DOC on it. I bet wearing that and you'll get some attention, Iwonder if it's illegal to impersonate a criminal...

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Open carrying in orange jumpsuit with DOC on it.
    I'm not worried about the legality so much as the pain from all the flying lead.

fng120

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Out in the back woods
    Hey guys, sorry I've had the plague. That is a good idea for relay for life but I work that night. If you guys want to do that it sounds good. The only reason I was thinking of a park or highway is that it would help with community involvement. Let me know whatever you would like to do. Thanks

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fng, how about this.

We do a highway (or road) this year. It was your idea to start with.
    Then, maybe the Relay thing next year. That would give us more time to collect, or decide.

fng120

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Out in the back woods
    Thats fine with me. We just need to decide where we want to clean up and would you guys want to adopt a highway. I could set everything up and get a date. I believe we even get a sign with our name on it. Let me know how many are interested.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I would be willing to help, I've just recently started OC'ing and would like to help educate and clean our community... It would be cool to see a bunch of people OC'ing and cleaning up the highway. Would you adopt in the name of INGO or something else?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We could use INGO or NWI INGO whatever we want. We could get together a poll or something. Plus permission from INGO to use the name?

I'd be interested, but I work shift work. Depends on when you have it.

You'd have to ask Fenwey about using the INGO name.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    March of dimes walk for babies could be another idea. May 5th in Porter county and the 6th in Lake. My wife is on the board for the NWI chapter, so I can ask about guns.

Top Bottom