• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Ok all, I received a Bushmaster M4 in .223 for Christmas. Any thoughts on what it would prefer to be fed? I'm looking for consistency, not sub-moa performance.
    Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    In a word, yes. :D Most stuff from 55 to 69gr should run well, but try a bunch of different brands/types to see what the gun is most accurate with.

As far as mil-spec ammo goes, I've found Prvi Partizan M193 to be hot, consistent and fairly accurate in my guns.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Try some PMC bronze 55 grain. It runs great in my Bushy. What twist do you have?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    If it's a Bushmaster M4, it will be 1-in-9.

That's what mine is, I didn't know they all were by definition. Sweet! I love learning something new.

In any event, I love the PMC. Accurate, affordable, dependable, and reloadable.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    My friend has a Bushy Patrolman carbine. He has a couple cases of the Silver Bear ammo that seems to work well. Last time he was over we went through 11 mags of it in about 20 minutes with no problems. He stays away from laquer coated cases, heard that they can foul up chamber if the gun gets hot from rapid fire. I don't know if its true or not, I avoid those rounds so I don't have to find out first hand with a stuck case in the chamber. I think the guns feed most ammo without much trouble. Bushys are pretty reliable.

Chipslinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mine will eat any and evrything I have ever tried to feed it ....no problems ever :ingo:

Same here! :yesway:

My Bushmaster has eaten up any ammo I have put in it. :ar15:

He stays away from laquer coated cases, heard that they can foul up chamber if the gun gets hot from rapid fire. I don't know if its true or not, I avoid those rounds so I don't have to find out first hand with a stuck case in the chamber. I think the guns feed most ammo without much trouble. Bushys are pretty reliable.

I agree... stay away from the old laquered ammo. :yesway:

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    My Bushmaster has, as others have posted, tasted it all, without problems. I only use the laquered for more affordable plinking. I have never had any sticking, but I do clean after every range outing, and use a bore brush. The bore and chamber chrome lining, I believe, helps alot with this.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I have used Silver Bear as the only steel cased round. With brass cased i fire just about anything as long as it wasnt reloaded.

ph363

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    The only problems I have ever experienced were with wolf. I had two rounds in the same magazine fail to feed. I cleared the gun and put the two rounds back into the same magazine and it fed fine. A lot of variables there, so I am not saying it was the ammo. However, I have thrown that magazine away and no longer run wolf and have been 100% trouble free since.

Top Bottom