• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    aimsurplus.com has some Federal Estate ammo. I have never heard of it. Anyone have any experience with it? Good, bad, indifferent for plinking ammo? Other thoughts...

Thanks!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've shot the shotgun stuff before.. but honestly, at my low skill level with clays I can't tell a difference. It all goes bang?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Their shotgun ammo is good to go for plinking unless you have a (sorry fan bois) Saiga or other finiky semi auto. I would not use their buck or slugs for SHTF, but excellent for practice purposes. The only thing keeping them from SHTF usage is the stuff I had (buck) had a cardboard overwad, bad juju around moisture.

If you are talking the 9mm stuff they have, it's "okay". Had two duds out of 300 and it was "fairly consistant". Compared to new WWB, its about on par. :twocents: About as dirty as WWB, but for plinking or generic practice at up to 25 yards, go for it, the average shooter will not notice any difference.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    Federal shotgun shells are ok, we have shot thousands, the only draw back is the hulls are only good for one maybe two reloadings, where as Remington hulls are good for ten or so.

Dave

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Though I did not state it, I was meaning the .45 and 9mm ammo by Estate. :) Don't shoot much shotgun, though I have a healthy supply of Federal 00 buck on hand.

Mac 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Hello Folks,

I was looking (Googled) for some info on Estate 45 caliber ammo and saw this site. I have never tried it before but, I took the plunge and ordered a 1000 rounds from Lucky Gunner. I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday. I plan on trying it this weekend. I will let you guys know what I think. That'll be one opinion on it anyway. I can't find anything about it except that it's made by Federal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hello Folks,

I was looking (Googled) for some info on Estate 45 caliber ammo and saw this site. I have never tried it before but, I took the plunge and ordered a 1000 rounds from Lucky Gunner. I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday. I plan on trying it this weekend. I will let you guys know what I think. That'll be one opinion on it anyway. I can't find anything about it except that it's made by Federal.

Welcome to INGO, Mac!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Their shotgun ammo is good to go for plinking unless you have a (sorry fan bois) Saiga or other finiky semi auto.

My saiga 12 eats it for breakfast and begs for more. The FA post sample saiga 12 i got to shoot ran that ammo exclusively and without a hitch. Its way better than the bulk pack federal or winchester you can get at walmart. I would stick with the expensive stuff for HD. It's good to go otherwise.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Estate shotgun ammo is pretty common is competitive shotgun. It's a low-grade, bulk box type of ammo. As mentioned already it functions great in most guns. As far as performance goes, it's bulk-box type ammo. As long as you don't expect premium ammo type of performance out of it I think you'll be happy.

That being said, I have no experience with Estate brand ammo outside of shotgun so I can't answer that specifically.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    As others, I have only used it in shotguns. Functions perfectly fine in pumps and over/under. If the price is cheap, buy it and shoot it!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom