Fed. Makes full Half Point int. rate reduction.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Keep on going down baby, my mortgage rate gets adjusted for the first time in December. I'm pretty sure it is still above the 2% max it can increase though.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Rip roaring wahoo inflation inbound. Homes and stocks at record highs, inflation metrics coming in hot across the board, but we gotta turn the free money taps on to save Mommy KamKam's election chances.
    Yep, of course you are correct. They (the fed.) should have left the rate where it was. It was working so well for Joe Sixpack.

Wait……stocks at record highs? Under sleepy joe, that doesn’t seem rite.

To be positive about things. Nobody and I mean nobody despises JB more than I do.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yep, of course you are correct. They (the fed.) should have left the rate where it was. It was working so well for Joe Sixpack.

Wait……stocks at record highs? Under sleepy joe, that doesn’t seem rite.

To be positive about things. Nobody and I mean nobody despises JB more than I do.
    Last time the Fed successfully tamed this level of inflation, interest rates were something like 19%. Rates haven't risen anywhere near enough, nor has the money printing that causes inflation slowed down.

Unspoken, besides the blatant election interference, is the fact that interest payments on the debt are projected to exceed what we spend on Social Security by December or January. They can cut rates and let inflation devour what's left of the American Dream, or they can corral inflation and bankrupt the country paying for the debt.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Rip roaring wahoo inflation inbound.

5993237c-13e4-4178-b3a0-8276ec84e5e9_text.gif

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Last time the Fed successfully tamed this level of inflation, interest rates were something like 19%. Rates haven't risen anywhere near enough, nor has the money printing that causes inflation slowed down.

Unspoken, besides the blatant election interference, is the fact that interest payments on the debt are projected to exceed what we spend on Social Security by December or January. They can cut rates and let inflation devour what's left of the American Dream, or they can corral inflation and bankrupt the country paying for the debt.
    So, unless I’m mistaken. You’re saying the Fed. can tame this inflationary spike.

And- big and. The Fed. should have left the interest rate where it was.

Guess a soft landing just doesn’t enter into any equation.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So, unless I’m mistaken. You’re saying the Fed. can tame this inflationary spike.

And- big and. The Fed. should have left the interest rate where it was.

Guess a soft landing just doesn’t enter into any equation.
    They can't tame it at current rates. To actually bring prices down, rates need to be much higher and money printing must cease.

At $40 trillion or whatever the debt is and normalized $3-4tn annual budget deficits, there is no soft landing. Soft landing went away when they decided to cry YOLO and print the money. This is about keeping the plates spinning long enough to get Kamala in.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Printer go Brrrrrrr
    fed-federal-reserve.gif

Inflate or die. More QE to infinity. Going to print money to cover "the quickening". That's a :poop: ton of interest for the on balance sheet 35 trillion debt. Social security and Medicare are much larger off balance sheet expenses.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    If the rates go up to where they need to be the US couldn’t afford to pay the interest on the dept. Just think of what could be done if there was no debt payment.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I saw an interview with the The Federal Economist that charted the double digit inflation under jimmy carter Analyzed the inflation under biden. He used all the old metrics and found the inflation under biden is actually far higher than under Carter. If you keep changing the measuring stick, you can report any number you like.

I have my utility bills, my insurance bills, my property tax bills, my grocery bills, and fuel bills. I guarantee the Biden inflation rates have been solidly in the double and mid double digits almost since he was sworn in. Of course each year compounds the year before. I don't need a multi million dollar staff of lying Democrat supporting bureaucrats to prove that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom