• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I'm thinking of trying this out for my first time. After all Friday is my birthday so the wife can't say no. :D However not sure what I should bring to shoot. Of the following choices - any input would be appreciated.
    XDM in either the 9mm or 40 or a SA TRP in 45. I feel that for my first time I should try the XDM's to give me more rounds, but not sure if thats helps me or hinders me?

Also would like to buddy up with someone for the first time if anyone doesnt mind a side kick. :yesway:

Last question - what is the average distance for the targets?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd probably bring the XDm in 9mm so that you have the lightest recoiling, highest capacity gun with you. When they ask for your Division, sign up in Limited, so that you can load your mags completely full.

During the shooters' meeting, we'll ask for a show of hands to show who is a new shooter (usually several) so you won't be the only new guy there. Just let your RO know that you're new, and they'll put you last in the shooting order so that you can get the hang of things.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    The 10/22 and I will be present and accounted for, defending my title! I'm just wondering if I need to borrow the truck again to get back up the hill after this snow :D As it stands, I'm not flying Friday so I'll try to get there early and help set up.

How many do you guys normally get at B-Dubs? Union Jack's might be pretty tight on space. I might actually join for dinner this time.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'm trying to come, depends on how work goes this week. I've gotta agree with Mark, BW3 is one of reasons I come and shoot! Plus, I jsut found out they have Linies on tap!! I'll bet they are one of the few places in town that can claim that!

Doug K

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    How does it work if i have 2 or 3 ppl using the same gun and only 2 25 rd mags? Do we just separate shooters to give them time to reload mags? I also have 2 10 rounders that might do the trick, I'd use those and let the newbs use the 25s :D

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    anyone else interested in shooting shotgun?

I picked up another 870 a few weeks back that I havn't had a chance to shoot. Thought I may bring her out this Friday.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How does it work if i have 2 or 3 ppl using the same gun and only 2 25 rd mags? Do we just separate shooters to give them time to reload mags? I also have 2 10 rounders that might do the trick, I'd use those and let the newbs use the 25s :D

I strongly recommend that people bring enough magazines for their guns; in this specific case I would recommend that you not have more than 1 person shooting the same gun. While shooters occasionally get by with sharing a pistol, as long as they have adequate magazines (typically 6 or more), if the shooter isn't ready at their turn to shoot, they will receive a "30" for that string of fire.

I know that this can sound harsh, but it's not our intention to be mean, just fair. Our goal is to be fair to the shooters who come prepared, so that we don't hold up the the entire competition for shooters who are less than fully prepared. This rule has served us well, and we often get compliments how smoothly and quickly the match runs.

If we have new shooters that need to borrow guns, please post something here; we often have members volunteer to loan guns to new folks. I'm always pleasantly surprised at how helpful our "regulars" to new shooters.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

What kind of gun, I might have some spares?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Chizzle whats the best gun out of the three to bring for a guy new to FNS?

G23
    Benelli M4 12 guage
    H&K Clone 40 cal pistol?

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Chizzle whats the best gun out of the three to bring for a guy new to FNS?

G23
    Benelli M4 12 guage
    H&K Clone 40 cal pistol?

viewFile.html

As long as the shooter is comfortable operating the Benelli, I'd bring that! It's a fine firearm, and they'll hit something for sure. If I had to pick my second choice, I'd select the Glock, but a .40 compact pistol could be a handful for a new shooter.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The 10/22 and I will be present and accounted for, defending my title!

I can bring a few 10 rounders if you would like. I think I have seven.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Ahh you found my other post! If you could bring 1 or 2 mags, i think i'd be set. This will be my dad's first FNS, and I want him to have a good time. Thanks!

Now i'm kind of hoping my cousin decides its too cold or ill need even more mags :rolleyes:

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    I missed it last month. Went in December. I will probably make it and try out my newly acquired G19. The XD .40 just wasnt working for me. especially as a first time shooter. Will be going limited this time.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Seems like a lot of people are entering in limited. Is there any other advantage other than loading your mags to capacity compared to production?

Top Bottom