• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeay! This happened just down the road from me. I kinda wonder if the agent was targeted since the article says they were in a lockbox. We don't keep anything visible or valuable in our car that is parked outside, but you never know when fate will strike.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I believe a lockbox in a car is a pretty reasonable place to store a firearm - particularly one that is a "duty vehicle" with the expectation of readiness. Normandy Farms - I can almost see it from where I'm sitting at work. (Break - I promise. ;) ) It's a nice neighborhood but if you take a drive around here - either side of 465 from 86th down to 56th - it's beginning to get a little sketchy in places.

The office/tech park we're in has had a rash of car burglaries. The hotel here? Even worse. My own car was broken into while parked 4 spaces from the main entrance to Wingate when I first transferred here.

These little bowl-circling thieves like to go out on a rainy or snowy night. It masks the noise and they aren't disturbed by pedestrians.

I went to HS with a guy who is a FBI agent in town. I've not looked him up. I wonder...

Last thing - a H&K MP5 10mm would be the schiznit!

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Springfield 1911A1 .45-caliber handgun
    So unique, I've never even SEEN one! :rolleyes:

The Springfield 1911 that was stolen is probably a Springfield "Professional" model which is VERY unique. You might want to read the info below when you get tired of rolling your eyes. :dunno:
    Also, while you may find the civilian version for sale on Gunbroker, it will have a price that most find to be unique.

The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) has officially adopted Springfield Armory’s 1911-A1 pistol, beating a field of competitors that included some of the most famous gunsmiths and custom shops in America. The new Springfield TRP-PRO MODEL™ pistol meets all requirements and specifications of the FBI contract for their SWAT Hostage Rescue Team (H.R.T.).

SPhg_story6B_544.jpg

SPhg_story6C_544.jpg

The long and the short of it after much evaluation is the FBI's return (for tactical team members only) to a specialized form of the fabled single column, .45 caliber, 1911 pistol. A Request For Proposal (RFP) was issued and after the dust settled, only one pistol from those submitted by seven different firms stood tall. It was the Springfield Armory Custom Shop M1911 in .45 ACP caliber. The Springfield FBI SWAT .45 is a highly customized 1911, but one that most any IPSC or IDPA competitor would readily covet and recognize. An important point that needs to be mentioned is the civilian consumer can NOT purchase an actual FBI SWAT 1911 because all of those guns have the prefix "FBI" in their serial numbers and the Bureau will not allow any of the FBI-serial numbered guns sold to anyone other than the agency itself.

Civilian consumers and individual police officers may purchase, the CRG-prefix pistol otherwise known as the Springfield Armory PROFESSIONAL pistol, which is identical in all aspects, save the serial number, to the FBI SWAT 1911 pistol.

When Springfield Armory representatives were asked what the acronym 'CRG' stood for, they replied "Close Range Group". This seems an odd name for a pistol built to such exacting standards for one of America's premier law enforcement organizations, but it's the answer that was given.

The Springfield Armory PROFESSIONAL pistol uses many custom made parts as standard features. Chief among them is the Wilson grip safety, the Wilson ambidextrous manual safeties, and the Springfield Armory Custom Shop 'Delta' hammer.
    The Springfield Armory PROFESSIONAL Model is a top-of-the-line pistol. It has been built to withstand and survive an amazingly tough set of acceptance trials, and it is an accurate pistol. It also proved itself one of the more accurate 1911 pistols this author has ever tested.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    The Springfield 1911 that was stolen is probably a Springfield "Professional" model which is VERY unique. You might want to read the info below when you get tired of rolling your eyes. :dunno:
    Also, while you may find the civilian version for sale on Gunbroker, it will have a price that most find to be unique.

SPhg_story6B_544.jpg

SPhg_story6C_544.jpg

You're right. 15 seconds on google and I found it a place where you can buy one. :rolleyes: I wonder if the criminal knows what the gun is worth.

Springfield 1911 45ACP TRP Pro Loaded, FBI Model

Do you think I should turn in Impact Guns for selling rare property?

Neither the news article nor the OP mention that this is the specific model. It is reasonable to assume that it is the 1911 model stolen, but you know what they say about assuming.

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    i wonder if this had anything to do with the FBI raid that my buddy saw a week or so ago...never did find out what the heck was going on with that.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i wonder if this had anything to do with the FBI raid that my buddy saw a week or so ago...never did find out what the heck was going on with that.

When you say things like this, you should elaborate. You are now going to get a bunch of when and where questions. :)

so, when and where? :D

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    You're right. 15 seconds on google and I found it a place where you can buy one. :rolleyes: I wonder if the criminal knows what the gun is worth.

Springfield 1911 45ACP TRP Pro Loaded, FBI Model

Do you think I should turn in Impact Guns for selling rare property?

Neither the news article nor the OP mention that this is the specific model. It is reasonable to assume that it is the 1911 model stolen, but you know what they say about assuming.

There is a FBI version and a civilian version. I doubt that Impact Guns is selling the FBI version.

Civilian consumers and individual police officers may purchase, the CRG-prefix pistol otherwise known as the Springfield Armory PROFESSIONAL pistol, which is identical in all aspects, save the serial number, to the FBI SWAT 1911 pistol.

Top Bottom