FBI is operating a small air force w/ low-flying planes across the country...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not my contention, the Supreme Court's....

I linked the case.

The law is currently that LE pointing FLIR at homes is a search. Whether that search is reasonable depends on the presence of a warrant or an exception to the warrant rule.

I'm familiar with the case law. I'm asking you. Do you think that was a search of every house.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm familiar with the case law. I'm asking you. Do you think that was a search of every house.
    As a matter of law, yes. Probably perfectly legal searches, but by law searches nonetheless.

I recognize that there are factual arguments against FLIR being a search, but as the SCOTUS rejected them, the law is what the law is.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. Are you asking what I believe the law is or are you asking if I think Kyllo was wrongly decided?

Last edited:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Do like I do: When I walk out the door in the morning, I stop, look up at the sky, and wave. Sometimes during the day, I will point a camera skyward and take a picture. Keep them wondering...

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Hey now !!! Obama promised us a transparent government.....this means knowing and seeing everything that YOU DO!!!!.....see transparency :scratch:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I don't know about his answer, but mine would be that it is no more permissible than walking through people's houses randomly while trailing a suspect and arguing that it's OK because you aren't looking for anything in particular.

Top Bottom