• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    why would they ditch the sigs for glocks??? bad move in my book. i think they will soon learn this. FBI shoots A LOT more than any other LE (except secret service) agency in the country, and i think they will ditch the glock fetish soon.

How do you figure? The glocks toughness is legendary.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Since when did the FBI use a Sig anyway? I know DHS bought a bunch for CBP and others, but I have never heard of the FBI using anything except a .40 caliber Glock.

I wonder if the USPSA will allow this "FBI mag catch" in Production. Someone should email John Amidon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One of the issue guns prior to the Glocks was the SIG P226 and probably P229 as well.

Before that it was Smith & Wessons of a various models, including the 1076 and 5906.

They still have choices in what they can carry (from a list) regardless of what is issued to the newbs.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    How do you figure? The glocks toughness is legendary.

my post what somewhat sarcastic and somewhat not. Im a bigger SIG fan than glock, but I own glocks (just bought another one today). The .40 caliber glocks, i have personaly had problems with. particularly the 23. could have been a fluke, but it was with 2 seperate pistols. :dunno:

i do trust the Glocks though or I wouldnt own any. My only real issue with glocks are they dont fit as nice in MY (personal) hands as well as other pistols do. to each their own. Glock is a solid gun overall.

I also just like to jokingly poke at the GLOCK nutz from time to time too :D (nutz is mean as an endearing term :): )

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Always got a kick out of that quote from Men in Black:

No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Gotcha! To each their own. The only Sig Ive ever shot was a .40 and it jammed every other round. Bad experiences with a firearm can cloud ones view of a particular type of gun.

my post what somewhat sarcastic and somewhat not. Im a bigger SIG fan than glock, but I own glocks (just bought another one today). The .40 caliber glocks, i have personaly had problems with. particularly the 23. could have been a fluke, but it was with 2 seperate pistols. :dunno:

i do trust the Glocks though or I wouldnt own any. My only real issue with glocks are they dont fit as nice in MY (personal) hands as well as other pistols do. to each their own. Glock is a solid gun overall.

I also just like to jokingly poke at the GLOCK nutz from time to time too :D (nutz is mean as an endearing term :): )

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Forgot to add I am a full fledge member of the Glock Nutz Association.:)

I've even got a pair of Glock Nutz hanging from my truck.*

* Glock Nutz are two old useless 10 round mags hooked together.**

** I just made them up.***

*** I don't have them hanging from my truck.****

**** Actually I do, but only in my mind. *****

***** I'm starting to confuse myself now. :n00b:

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Isnt glocks all you can shoot at the GSSF shoots?
    :D
    Now that's funny.
    lmao.gif

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    When I first working for the Fed, I was issued a Sig P226 in 9mm. Half way thru my carreer with them, switched to the P229 in 40, that's the gun I have, after firing the 229, I found it easier to carry since it's a bit smaller then the full size 226. I never had a jaming issue with my .40 229.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    When I first working for the Fed, I was issued a Sig P226 in 9mm. Half way thru my carreer with them, switched to the P229 in 40, that's the gun I have, after firing the 229, I found it easier to carry since it's a bit smaller then the full size 226. I never had a jaming issue with my .40 229.

I've put many rounds through a 229 in .40. Great firearm. As accurate as my G22 and G23 as well.

Top Bottom