• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I shot an old toilet with 12 ga bird shot once. It was pretty disappointing to see that the lead shot just bounced off. Next time i'll have steel 00 buck.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Toilets Melons My daughter loves to shoot clay pigeons standing up on the back stop. Spinners and dueling trees. Balloons attached to a no shoot silhouette so that it bobs in and out from behind cover are fun, too.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    UN_helmet-small.jpg

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    The first time I brought my wife out to shoot, we brought the .22 rifle and a $1 bag of water balloons. Took the time to blow them up to fist-size and then stapled them to the backstop. She had the time of her life. Felt like she was at the carnival. She's been hooked ever since.

They do bob in the wind, so it makes it a little challenging, especially at longer ranges. And don't forget to police all those pieces of latex afterward!

QuellerOfChaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    TV's used to be a favorite. I never understood the road signs target shooting. But just about anything that will break, shatter, or explode. Aerosol cans are a good one.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Clay pigeons lined up on the 100 yd hillside for the ARs, keep hitting any orange piece you can see.

Golf balls and cans are always fun too.... pretty much anything reactive or gives an indication of a hit !!! :ar15:

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    When we get the 22's out and I take my 7 year old along we stop by the dollar store and pick a few bags of Cowboys and Indians or Army men, set them up on a 4x4 or Rail road tie and start plinking. See who can knock the other guys army off first.
    old toaster ovens are a bit of fun as well. Haven't done the computer or microwave thing but did ruin a perfectly worthless washing machine once.

We were actually thinking about going this Sunday weather permitting.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I read on here some time ago that enough wet paper makes a decent redneck ballistic gel. I was throwing out loads of paper from my early college days and decided to save some. I stuffed paper in an approximately 12x12x12 box (anyone from evansville area, it is a Grippos box, yum). Phonebooks would also work nicely. One of these days I will wet it up and shoot it with some different rounds I've got.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Barn cats...people just drop em off and at last count there were about 50 running around the neighbors place. In the trash,crapping in wifes flower beds,and some are so inbreed they have extra parts.... We shoot them.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Golf balls, rocks with a .308 at long range, matchbox cars. 2 liter bottles full of water with a .223.

I second the phone books soaking wet. I duct taped them together, soaked them overnight, and they really do make a good way to capture bullets.

Top Bottom