• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbouma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Howe, IN
    For those who wear them, what is your favorite type of tactical pants? There are so many different brands (5.11, Blackhawk, Propper, 24-7, etc.) I am just curious as to which one you guys think is the best value.:rockwoot:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I own a few pairs of 5.11 taclite pants, as well as about a half dozen or so pairs of LA Police gear's operator pants. For around $15-20 per pair, I think that the LAPG pants are really hard to beat. They're far from discreet with all of the pockets and all, but they wear like iron and are very functional. Order a waist size or two larger than normal, they run a tad small.

Operator Tactical Apparel by LA Police Gear

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Looks like they're on closeout now, limited sizing (but good prices) available. Hopefully they're planning a re-vamp of their product line and not a cancellation, because I'd like to order some more first!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I own military BDU-type trousers made by various manufacturers, several pairs of LAPG's 5.11-knockoff pants, a pair of Propper's Tactical Trousers, and a pair of Multi-Cam pants in the ACU cut (also by Propper).

My favorites are the Propper Tactical Trousers, with the Propper ACU-cut being a close second. The Tactical Trousers are constructed from a more durable fabric and have better features (double rear pockets, zipper fly, elastic waist, no drawstring closures at the ankles), but the ACU-cut pants are more comfortable to wear (lighter weight, looser fit).

I haven't been terribly impressed with the LAPG pants. They are comfortable and have decent features, but aren't particularly durable. They are, however, VERY inexpensive when you catch them on sale, so I prefer them over actual military BDU trousers.

My :twocents:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Just purchased a pair of the LA Police Gear Operators for work and I really like the way they look, feel and fit. I wish I would have ordered more then one pair.

I had a pair of 5.11 tactical pants in black that I liked but they did not hold color at all. After about 12 months they turned from black to a faded black/dark greyish color.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Pants

I have worn 5:11s for years but recently purchased a pair of 24-7 and I like them better than the 5:11s. They have the stretch waist (which is different than 5:11s stretch waist) and I like the 24-7s full back pocket. 5:11 has the slash pockets that I have never liked.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have come to the realization that I NEED tactical pants, because I carry a lot of stuff. Either Tac Pants or full LBV. Just trying to carry a gun, knife, flashlight, Gerber, keys and wallet is a PITA. One thing to remember though, a good gun belt will go a long way. You can hang a lot of crap off a belt, but then run the risk of looking like Batman, or a cop...

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wow. You guys are at another level. I could not walk out of the house wearing pantslike that without feeling like a total ....not sure the word.

I just wear cargo pants of one sort or another, maybe someday I will reach that level of pocketosity.

Doubt it, but maybe someday.

The types I have seen seem either VERY ninja-y like the 5.11 with the dump pouches or more muted with normal pocket placement, i will have to look and see whats new in the tactical pants arena.

If they are still the nylon, baloon out the front billow out the back stormtrooper pants that I remember....

I am going to monitor this thread. Does anyone use more normal less ninja-y "tactical" pants?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I like the operator series from Eotach and own about 10 pair of them! Really nice,comfortable and well thought out trousers. I also own several pair of various mfg like 5:11,Propper,etc. All cammies are of the issued MARPAT variety.I do have a set of multicam that I just got a few weeks ago and I havent wore them yet but theyre rugged and well built too. Its really all a matter of what you like. The Eotach ones are built very well and do last a long time even their light weight ones. Check them out.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I've actually been looking for more ninja-y pants to offset the obviously pirate-y look of my poofy shirts. ;)

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield

Can't beat these for the price. I am a big fan.

Looks like they're on closeout now, limited sizing (but good prices) available. Hopefully they're planning a re-vamp of their product line and not a cancellation, because I'd like to order some more first!

No, they are not cancelling. I got an email from them stating it they are closing out some colors/styles (can't recall the exact sentiment), but they will have them available indefinately.

I haven't been terribly impressed with the LAPG pants. They are comfortable and have decent features, but aren't particularly durable. They are, however, VERY inexpensive when you catch them on sale, so I prefer them over actual military BDU trousers.

My :twocents:

Shooter521, I am really concerned to hear this. What problems have you had? Pockets or knees blown out? I have several pair, of which a few of them I have run through the ringer on more than one occassion, and down right abused them. I haven't had single issue. Perhaps it's luck of the draw, but I would like to think they are all made this durable so that I can be confident to order more in the future.

Kbouma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Howe, IN
    Thanks guys. Interesting range of opinions. My favorites are the Propper Lightweight and 24-7 style by Tru-Spec, in that order. They both fit great and are durable yet comfortable. The Propper pants are, I believe, the best buy for the money.

How about Blackhawk pants-has anyone tried them?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom