• ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    You cannot lead in moderation
    -Me

They all want to save the world, but they just end up helping to weave the handbasket.
    -Dean Koontz

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his sense of morality of losing his respect of the law."

- Frederic Bastiat

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Just to diversify the selection here:

Thomas Jefferson said:
    I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies.

Mark Twain said:
    Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion – several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat, if his theology isn’t straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother’s path to happiness and heaven.

IIRC, later he says something along the lines of "Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

George Washington said:
    Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
    -- Joesph Goebbels

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The price of freedom is blood. The moment we are no longer willing to pay that price, we are no longer free.

--me. I wrote that in college, 25 years ago

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    I don't know who said it or if this is the way they said it but it goes something like

"Laws are to protect you from other people so there should be no laws made to try to protect you from yourself"

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

-- Concluding sentence in the Declaration of Independence

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    [FONT=&quot]"The price of greatness is responsibility."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]--Sir Winston Churchill-- (1874 - 1965)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"One man with courage is a majority".[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]--Ralph Waldo Emerson-- (1803 - 1882)[/FONT]

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    "I'm your huckleberry, why Johnny, you look like somebody just walked on your grave".

Doc Holiday, just before he killed Johnny Ringo

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

"Before all else, be armed." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible..." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"One change always leaves the way open for the establishment of others." - Niccolo Machiavelli

And now for a poem:

A man said to the Universe,
    "Sir, I exist."
    "However," Replied the Universe,
    "The fact has not created in me
    a sense of obligation." - Stephen Crane

"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andrei and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick your sorry a** all the way back to earth sweetheart. I am death incarnate, and the last living thing you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Claudia Christian, Babylon 5 Complete Sun and Moon Data for One Day: U.S. Cities and Towns — Naval Oceanography Portal

Regards,

Doug

PS - Couldn't resist that last one. I loved B5.

Top Bottom