• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I really don't understand all the hate for pops. I've been there dozens of times and I like it just fine. The key to Pops is to buy the annual membership. It's $149 for an entire year. You can then shoot for free M-F until 5:00. On weekends, it's then $6 an hour. I've more than recouped the cost. A second person on the lane is $5 an hour regardless of day/time.

If you don't have a membership, it's very expensive ($19 an hour, $5 for additional shooter).

I was there Saturday with my brother. There must have been 20 people in line, none of them members.

Which brings up another nice thing about the membership program. You move to the front of the line.

I've also seen people here talk about having to wait long times for check in or check out from the range. All I'll say is that has not been my experience. Granted, I'm rarely there on weekends and it may be worse then. I usually go during the week on my lunch hours.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just think they get a bad rap on here from a few folks. My experiences there have been positive. I've only ever used the range there though. I've never bought a firearm there and can't comment on prices or service related to sales.
    I agree as well. Buying the membership at Pop's is the only way to go. I've bought a firearm there and am a member and I've never had a bad experience. Sometimes there's a bit of a wait on the weekends if you don't get there early but the good thing is that "membership has it's privileges (membership gets you right to the front of the line)".

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Yeah Pops is a great place, went there sunday to take two first time shooters and it was PACKED! Line for hours after we left.

ABCIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Any rules at Pops against picking up your brass? I noticed the thing on their website about only using brass cases because of a contractor deal.

ABC

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Pop's has no rule against picking up your own brass. I've done it plenty of times when the aren't super busy. I don't reload, but I have a friend that does, so I grab my 9mm brass for him. I explicitly asked if it was OK to pick up my brass. All they asked was that I pick up just mine. Now, it's not really possible to tell, but I just don't pick up any more than I shoot. I'm sure I've grabbed some .45 there in addition to my 9mm.

Any rules at Pops against picking up your brass? I noticed the thing on their website about only using brass cases because of a contractor deal.

ABC

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette is truly wonderful (new and improved).

The capital expenditure will no doubt pay great dividends.

I had to watch an orientation dvd, but that's O.K. Given liability concerns I consider that a small price to pay.:D

Very clean, safe and friendly range.

Top Bottom