• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't know about the rest of you out in BFE, but where I used to live we don't stop for stop signs unless someone else is there or coming up to the intersection. (Why bother stopping when you can see each way for miles or unless the corn is up?) Anyway, I'm coming home from work one night at O dark thirty in the morning. I'm coming up to the "intersection" we never stop at. Just at that moment, another car is turning at the other "intersection" 2 miles down the road we never stop at and is coming right at me. At the half way point, I see a State Police badge flash by on the side of the car. He has to go all the way down the road to see that I blew right thru a stop sign and he makes a u-turn and lights up the night coming after me. I'm already 2 miles ahead of him, running thru the no-stop intersection and heading into a twisty, curvy, hilly section of road I know like the back of my hand. Half a mile and I'm down in a gully, around a curve and he's lost sight of me. I turn into a corn field I farm and douse the lights. He comes FLYING by about a minute later. I sit for a while and head the other way. Only about a mile from the house.......never saw where he went and don't care either!!

Never really guilty of THAT particular traffic offense... At least not a blatant blowing. I'll definitely slow roll through 'em, though, in those situations.

My similar anecdote: Was headed towards Crawfordsville from Lake Holiday one afternoon; probably headed to work.

I was east-bound on CR 400s approaching SR 47 near the Bal Hinch store. A mile or so west of 47 there's a slight elevation change in the county road; just enough to hide a west-bound car from the view of an east-bound one.

As teenagers are wont to do, I was driving a little fast. Probably 60-65 (in a 40mph zone). I came up over this little rise and BAM...see a County Mounty headed right at me. Just great...just what I needed. I figured that she (saw the lady hair) had me dead-to-rights.

I could see her slow to turn around at her next available driveway...

I got to the intersection with the highway, drove across, then pulled into the Bal Hinch parking lot...parallel to SR 47 - dead broadside to her as she got to the intersection a short time behind me.

I had my license / registration in my hand ready for her to come into the parking lot and have a chat with me.

Nope...she turned north on SR 47!!

I let her get a few minutes up the road, then I pulled back out on the county road, drove past the airport, hit US 231 and took 231 into town. :D

So, either she'd just gotten a radio call and turned around to head another direction for something unrelated to me... Or she didn't notice me sitting in plain view, right in front of her.

-J-

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Back when I worked in Plainfield I would take 40 west to Clayton and head North home. I would see this State Trooper from time to time with people pulled over. She was a little blond that looked smokin hot. So one day I see here clocking people and just lay into it. She took the bait. She comes up to the window and and ask for the usual and then asks me why I was in such a hurry. I told her I was playing hard to get. She smiled and told me that was a better line than her husband used and sent me on my way.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    years ago i got pulled over for speeding on boy scout rd by camp belzer here in lawrence. its a down hill stretch that is common to go above the limit.
    officer: you know why i pulled you over
    me: no
    officer: you were 40 in a 25
    me: i was going downhill
    officer: doesn't your car have brakes?
    me: i stopped for you didn't i

i got a ticket

joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    This wasnt me getting pulled over but it was my soon to be sister-in-law. She was on 37 and of course speeding in a mini van and a state trooper hits the lights on her. And the funny part is you just have to know her. Love her to death but is really ditsey. She starts to pull over and during the process scraps the guard rail for about 50 feet. And she didnt even realize she did it. The cop comes to the window and asks, do you realize you just hit the guard rail. She says no lol. She gets out and looks and sees the scrapes along the whole length of it. She was so embarresed. The cop said you have done enough already and gave her a warning and sent her on her way.:ar15:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I still feel a little guilty about this and I will probably burn in hell for lying to the LEO, but it just seemed the thing to do at the time. Thirty or so years ago on SR67 in Huntsville near Pendleton, I got stopped by a local policeman for speeding. I was speeding. When asked about why I was speeding I told him that I had to make it to Fort Wayne by a certain time to pick up my son from his mother who had moved to East Lansing. We always met at a restarant just off the interstate that we frequeneted when we were dating in high school. We remained friends even though we could not stay married. Our son was never used as a lever or a tool against the other. Anyway, I told the policeman that if I did not get to the Fort Wayne meeting site by a certain time, my ex, who was meaner than a snake, would turn around and go back to Michigan and it would be several weeks before I would have an opportunity to see my son. The policeman whose divorce was apparently not as cordial as mine, gave me only a warning ticket and told me that he knew exactly what I was saying and to try and keep it under 90 when I was driving on I69 up to Fort Wayne. I will probably do some penance for that one either in this lifetime or the next. If that policeman is a member of INGO and remembers this incident like I do, I sincerely apologize for lying to you. I would offer to buy you a beer and talk about old times, but I can not give you an opportunity to get back at me and give me a ticket for a DUI.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    A couple years ago, I had just picked up my new Camaro SS and took it out to the country roads. Just putzin' around.
    I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer, but I wasn't going that fast.

An unmarked Ford Probe comes up behind me with his cherries and berries on.
    Dangit.

I pull over, and see this HUGE cop coming up to the window.
    Him: "STEP OUT OF THE CAR!"
    Me: "Yes sir. Lovely day for a drive, don't you think?" (I have absolutely no idea why I said this. It just came out.)
    I'm out of the car, and he's so angry he is actually shaking.
    Him: "Stupid! So Stupid! If I wasn't with my family, I'd be taking your ass to jail right now."
    I look back and see that the car is full of people.
    Me: "How fast was I going?"
    Him: "90 in a 30"
    Me: "Oh. I didn't realize. It didn't feel that fast."
    He's still so mad veins are popping out in his forehead.
    He's lecturing me about yada yada yada but I'm only half-listening.
    The other half of my brain is thinking about why hasn't he asked me for my license and registration.
    I'm just standing there looking him in the eyes saying "yes, sir" to everything, and it's finally over.
    I can't believe it. He's letting me go without a ticket?

I get back in the car, and my girlfriend just shakes her head at me and smiles.
    It's so surreal. I can still picture the look on this guy's face. I thought for sure he was going to rip my nuts off.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I was a senior in high school, driving an old beat up white chevy truck. That was my daily driver for a short time and I hated it. I was driving home late after a marching band competition...maybe 11PM. Totally dark night, I was tired and half dazed. I left the high school and drove the 10 minutes through country roads to my house. I pull up next to a row of trees, kill the lights, slowly get out of the truck (interior light doesn't work, so it's still pitch black), grab my trumpet case, and shut the door. By the way, I hadn't seen another set of headlights all the way home. All of a sudden, the world around me explodes in light and noise. I hear someone scream "FREEZE!". I damn near **** myself right there in the side yard. There is a cop who is out of his cruiser and the cruiser is right behind my truck.

Officer: Freeze!
    Me: WHAT!? (I start to turn around.)
    Officer: Turn around and get shot BOY! What's in that case?
    Me: My trumpet (I'm shaking like a dog ****ting peach seeds)
    Officer: I've been following you since you left the school, you got a tail light out.
    Me: I never saw any headlights or blue and red lights or I would have stopped.
    Officer: Ya, I was running dark on your tail, was on the phone with the misses.
    Me: You followed me all the way home with no lights, isn't that dangerous?
    Officer: Stop asking questions, I need your license and registration.

I start to get into the truck to get it, and he screams "DROP THAT CASE!" I do, and start to get my paperwork and I hear his radio screech something about officer down. He just says "its your lucky day boy", jumps in his car and flies out of there. His light was facing my face the whole time so I have no idea who he was, what he looked like, or anything else. It was like a movie where you only see the light and a voice. I was scared as ****. It was over as quickly as it had started. No idea what the point of the stop really was since I didn't have a light out, but I'm glad that he didn't blast me when I got out of the truck...not that I knew he was there or would have been at fault.

Top Bottom