• ...and so much more!
  • Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    Quark AA², R5 Edition 4Sevens.Com

I love it. For under $60 it's the best light I've found. I EDC this one, and it gets beat up and still is blindingly bright. It's definitely as good if not better than the Fenix's.

Also, the runtime on low (moonlight) is incredibly long. Would make a great light in a SHFT situation also.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Let's talk pocket clips for a minute. . .

There have been many excellent recommendations here in this thread-- many that I've personally considered upgrading to. One issue I have with these pocket lights is how flimsy some of the clips are.

On my MicroStream, for example, it will hold onto my pocket fairly well-- until I snag it on a chair arm, door frame, etc., then it bends out of shape. It does bend right back into place, but I'd rather have a clip that doesn't bend at all, or isn't prone to snagging. Another factor is placement, as I prefer to have a clip that seats the light fully into my pocket, with very little of the light itself sticking up.

Of the lights you guys have mentioned above, how do you rate the pocket clips?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Quark AA², R5 Edition 4Sevens.Com

I love it. For under $60 it's the best light I've found. I EDC this one, and it gets beat up and still is blindingly blight. It's definitely as good if not better than the Fenix's.

Also, the runtime on low (moonlight) is incredibly long. Would make a great light in a SHFT situation also.

I'll "third" the Quark lights. I've got a couple of the Quark 123-2 Turbos and a Quark AA-2 Turbo. Great lights, IMO.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Let's talk pocket clips for a minute. . .

There have been many excellent recommendations here in this thread-- many that I've personally considered upgrading to. One issue I have with these pocket lights is how flimsy some of the clips are.

On my MicroStream, for example, it will hold onto my pocket fairly well-- until I snag it on a chair arm, door frame, etc., then it bends out of shape. It does bend right back into place, but I'd rather have a clip that doesn't bend at all, or isn't prone to snagging. Another factor is placement, as I prefer to have a clip that seats the light fully into my pocket, with very little of the light itself sticking up.

Of the lights you guys have mentioned above, how do you rate the pocket clips?

I rate my pocket clip on my pt2L 100% so far since may. No looseness or bends in it. I carry it daily when not at work.

1000 posts!!!! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    The pocket clip on my 4sevens quark aa2 is great. It's strong, holds it's grip to the clothes I am wearing well.

I forgot to mention the quark is waterproof too. I was replacing my sump pump and knocked it in. It comes with 3 o-rings. Not often nowadays a company gives you spare parts with anything.

I like them so much I'm buying a few and giving them out as Christmas presents. You can find online coupon codes for some of the stores selling Quarks and get them for about 50 bucks.

:yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Stylus Pro is my shirt pocket day/admin light.

For the dark hours I carry a Fenix TK12. The 280 lumens and strobe are killer for lighting up a situation. I'm still working on the pocket clip/lanyard issue for securing it to my belt.

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    4sevens preon 2... Best pen light ever! hands down. The only complaint I have is I inadvertantly trigger the switch when I reach into my pocket from time to time. Hopefully a future revision addresses this problem.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I have used the same Streamlight Stylus Stylus Series - Stylus | Streamlight at work for two years. It is in my shirt pocket at least eight hours a day. Only had to replace the batterers once. The pocket clip still holds strong. Love the momentary on button and just a twist to turn it on. Small enough to hold in teeth when I am under the dash of a car or just don't have enough hands. It has been beat up, drove over, and dropped in an oil drain pan and still works every time.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Top Bottom