• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All the critics are killing it too. Btw, Ant Man, which I thought would suck, is awesome. It might be my favorite Marvel movie, and that's saying a lot considering Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Blade, and Marve's other great flicks.

Not seen Ant Man as yet but love your list.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    All the critics are killing it too. Btw, Ant Man, which I thought would suck, is awesome. It might be my favorite Marvel movie, and that's saying a lot considering Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Blade, and Marve's other great flicks.

I didn't want to see Ant Man, but kept hearing great things. I checked it out, and was like WHOA!

Agree, Ant Man was very good. I really liked it. I hear Paul Rudd did quite a bit of a workover on the screenplay/script and it showed.

I haven't had a good feeling about this Fantastic Four. It is not one of the truly Marvel controlled Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, and I didn't have high hopes for it. This may be the one I skip and wait for it to hit the Red Box.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agree, Ant Man was good. I hear Paul Rudd did quite a bit of a workover on the screenplay/script and it showed.

I haven't had a good feeling about this Fantastic Four. It is not one of the truly Marvel controlled Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, and I didn't have high hopes for it. This may be the one I skip and wait for it to hit the Red Box.

They take way to many Liberty's with the characters. I am positive the stooges doing the writing have no clue and never read the comics.

If they did it was under the influence........

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    You have to keep in mind that the US box office is now a far smaller piece of the overall "take" of a movie than 20 years ago. Most of the remakes of classic films, reboots and comic book adaptations were geared to the Far East market and their HUGE audience share.

Yep, many so called flops in the states make big bucks overseas.
    The overseas markets tend to like the "loud and obnoxious" type films.

Antman was surprisingly good. Actually written by someone with a brain.

Wife and I enjoyed Terminator Genesis. Mainly because it didn't take it's self or Arnold seriously. Terminator 2 it is not, but still was entertaining.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They take way to many Liberty's with the characters. I am positive the stooges doing the writing have no clue and never read the comics.

If they did it was under the influence........

Just FYI, Ant Man had some good call backs to some of the comic history. They took a few liberties with the Yellow Jacket aspects, but it made for a good story. There are also 2 short clips after the movie. One at the beginning of the credits and one at the very end. If you liked the Avengers comics from years past when Ant Man/Yelow Jacket, Wasp were in the lineup, you'll probably like it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I heard Ant Man was awesome. The guys I went with said it was really good, we probably should have just watched it. For me, Guardians of the Galaxy ruined the whole genre. I will go into every other comic book movie knowing it won't be as good as Guardians. I don't see how anyone will top that one.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Dang. Kids wanted to see it today. Guess I'll just go for the real popcorn and real butter at our local theater. At least at $4 ticket it won't hurt the pocketbook much.

Yep, should have stayed home. Pretty much everyone was disappointed by the move... though the free refills on the LG popcorn were kinda worth it. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard Ant Man was awesome. The guys I went with said it was really good, we probably should have just watched it. For me, Guardians of the Galaxy ruined the whole genre. I will go into every other comic book movie knowing it won't be as good as Guardians. I don't see how anyone will top that one.

Not seen the Guardiens yet. Want to. I only go to the theater with the G-daughter and an 8 year old has different tastes in movies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fantastic Four was a great comic. But too bad that doesn't automatically translate to a great movie. There is no substitute for good storytelling in a movie. Some writers/directors can do it, most can't. I'm not surprised it sucks. Josh Trank?

At least the other one had Jessica Alba.

Good to know. My son and I are going to see Ant Man tomorrow. I never really thought much of Ant Man in the comic books. Kinda boring. But I've heard a lot of good reports from friends who've seen it and I'm going to give it a try.

I didn't want to see Ant Man, but kept hearing great things. I checked it out, and was like WHOA!

That's what I thought about Guardians of the Galaxy. I saw the trailers and thought, meh, maybe on blue ray. My son talked me into going to see it and it was really good.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's ironic that he wants to use the same cast. In my opinion, his casting choices were a huge part of the problem that said, "We're calling this Fantastic 4, but we're not going to deliver Fantastic 4 because we know what you really want, which is completely different than the comics."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's ironic that he wants to use the same cast. In my opinion, his casting choices were a huge part of the problem that said, "We're calling this Fantastic 4, but we're not going to deliver Fantastic 4 because we know what you really want, which is completely different than the comics."

You're entitled to your opinion. The cast wasn't why the movie was horrible, as much as you want spin that nonsense. I know what you're actually trying to say, btw (oh noes! Johnny Blaze is the wrong color, so the movie is going to be horrible because of that). The continuality was off, the production weak, the story sucked, and Dr Doom was horrible. A better story, and direction could have made this film much better.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I agree with the earlier posts concerning Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man. Guardians pretty much set the bar too high for the others but they are coming close. Ant Man was surprisingly good but Deadpool really stole it lately. I loved Deadpool, complete gutter humor at parts and I laughed my ass off through the whole thing. I am a smartass by nature and was in awe, I have a new level of smartass to which I shall aspire.

Haven't seen Civil War yet, son and I want to go catch it but everything is getting in the way. X-Men Apocalypse looks like it might worthwhile. I wish I had a local type of theater like someone described earlier with good popcorn and real butter...

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I actually thought they had a solid cast, the first 2/3 of the movie was fine but it fell afterwards, there was no justice to Dr Doom's character. It felt rushed near the end.

Top Bottom