• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is over home schooling. How absolutely ridiculous. If we're gonna start handing out "golden tickets," then we should hand them out to everybody that applies if the criteria is met. I doubt I need to inform anybody that such is the case. I forget which African nation that just made being gay illegal, but are we to take all tge gays from that nation too. Geez, this is , again, over home schooling... What a ridiculous reason to grant the benefit of living here; especially when so many others with legit fears are denied. Like the Chinese couple that was denied for breaking the one child rule. They made his wife have an abortion, and were then going to sterilize her. After they concluded she was unfit for sterilization, guess who was next on the chopping block? HOW is this guy's family shut out, but a home schooling issue isn't?

Personally, I don't want any of them. I think we should clean our own house before we start letting people come in.

As I understand this issue, homeschooling is only part of the issue. It is my understanding, because of the family's religious beliefs they do not wish to subject their children to the German educational system. However, because of Nazi-era laws still on the books, all Germans must present their children for education by the German state. If they insist on home-schooling their children because of their religious beliefs, the German government will involuntarily remove the children from their home. So, though home-schooling is the advertised reason for this case, religion and the family's free expression and the family's freedom to raise their children with regard to their religious beliefs is the underlying issue.

You're right about one thing Kut, we cannot take every person in that has had a forced abortion, war refugee, or suffered some government-sponsered discrimination but from what I've read/heard, this family followed the procedure. If they got some special treatment, if they jumped to the front of the line in head of some African homosexual or Chinese mom seeking asylum, that would deserve some scrutiny. Based on my understanding of this case, this family is deserving of this reprieve.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is over home schooling. How absolutely ridiculous. If we're gonna start handing out "golden tickets," then we should hand them out to everybody that applies if the criteria is met. I doubt I need to inform anybody that such is the case. I forget which African nation that just made being gay illegal, but are we to take all tge gays from that nation too. Geez, this is , again, over home schooling... What a ridiculous reason to grant the benefit of living here; especially when so many others with legit fears are denied. Like the Chinese couple that was denied for breaking the one child rule. They made his wife have an abortion, and were then going to sterilize her. After they concluded she was unfit for sterilization, guess who was next on the chopping block? HOW is this guy's family shut out, but a home schooling issue isn't?

Personally, I don't want any of them. I think we should clean our own house before we start letting people come in.

GFGT pretty much nailed it. But you repeatedly ignore the larger issue here. The Romeikes had already been granted the asylum under U.S. code. The Obama administration reneged on the law and revoked it without cause.

I will expect to find similarly bigoted remarks in every thread involving illegal immigration from here on out. Don't disappoint me.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is over home schooling. How absolutely ridiculous.

If they go back to Germany, a SWAT team will break into their home and kidnap their children. We know this because it happened to the Wunderlich family for the same reason. The fact that its over something "ridiculous" like homeschooling makes it all the more disturbing.

If we're gonna start handing out "golden tickets," then we should hand them out to everybody that applies if the criteria is met. I doubt I need to inform anybody that such is the case. I forget which African nation that just made being gay illegal, but are we to take all tge gays from that nation too. Geez, this is , again, over home schooling... What a ridiculous reason to grant the benefit of living here; especially when so many others with legit fears are denied. Like the Chinese couple that was denied for breaking the one child rule. They made his wife have an abortion, and were then going to sterilize her. After they concluded she was unfit for sterilization, guess who was next on the chopping block? HOW is this guy's family shut out, but a home schooling issue isn't?

Personally, I don't want any of them.

Is political asylum not a valid concept in your eyes? Governments stealing & killing people's offspring is not good enough. Uganda giving life imprisonment to gay people is not enough. Is there some higher threshold of tyranny you require or are you strictly against refugees for any reason, period?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The Reichstag was out of business long before 1938. The Enabling Act was passed in 1934, which made Hitler a one man gang. The Nazis laws were removed from Germany following the war. The reason we pursued unconditional surrender was to make sure there was a change of regime and things changed. Whatever sucks about Germany now is not because of Nazi holdover.
    This was posted back when the thread first started but it bears repeating...again. The laws in Germany prohibiting homeschooling ARE the same laws Hitler had passed for the express purpose of controlling the dissent amongst the population.

In light of that, it should make some of you squirm to know that the Nazi-era law has been re-affirmed for exactly the same reason:
    A new [the ruling is from 2006, which pre-dates the Romeikes and Wunderlichs) ruling from the European Human Rights Court has affirmed the German nation’s Nazi-era ban on homeschooling, concluding that society has a significant interest in preventing the development of dissent through “separate philosophical convictions.”
    The Strasburg-based court addressed the issue on appeal from a Christian family whose members alleged their human rights to educate their own children according to their own religious beliefs are being violated by the ban.
    The specific case addressed in the opinion involved Fritz and Marianna Konrad, who filed the complaint in 2003 and argued that Germany’s compulsory school attendance endangered their children’s religious upbringing and promotes teaching inconsistent with the family’s Christian faith.
    The court said the Konrads belong to a “Christian community which is strongly attached to the Bible” and rejected public schooling because of the explicit sexual indoctrination programs that the courses there include.
    The German court already had ruled that the parental “wish” to have their children grow up in a home without such influences “could not take priority over compulsory school attendance.” The decision also said the parents do not have an “exclusive” right to lead their children’s education.

Do I need to spell that out?

The issue for me is the changing of the decision after thy are here. They were allowed to move here, so thy should now be allowed to stay.
    Bingo!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If they go back to Germany, a SWAT team will break into their home and kidnap their children. We know this because it happened to the Wunderlich family for the same reason. The fact that its over something "ridiculous" like homeschooling makes it all the more disturbing.

Is political asylum not a valid concept in your eyes? Governments stealing & killing people's offspring is not good enough. Uganda giving life imprisonment to gay people is not enough. Is there some higher threshold of tyranny you require or are you strictly against refugees for any reason, period?
    Where's the hammer? I have a nail that needs hit.

Top Bottom