• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I would prefer something with a strap. Something like that "sky high" holster would be perfect, im not sure how well that would work with a j-frame revolver though. I would like some type of strap or something similar as compared to just a tight holster that fits well. The holster I have now is a very tight holster and fits my gun very well. I have seen revolver holsters with "hammer straps" on them in the past. Any opinions on those?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    OP, are you OCing or CCing?

From personal experience, it's not an issue whilst CCing. This is from my 6 kids (soon to be 7) over the years and all manner of youngsters running around. None of them even think about it. Out of sight, out of mind.

If you're OCing, go with a non-Serpa duty holster like the Safariland.

That's my :twocents:.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    pocket holster. can plan horsey and wresle w/ kids, do yard work, have dinner w/ family, etc and always stays hidden, never falls out, cant be grabbed, less likely to hurt the kids as we play (from them climbing around on it/me, not from it going off, though it's safe from that, too). It's like it's not even there.

-rvb

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would prefer something with a strap. Something like that "sky high" holster would be perfect, im not sure how well that would work with a j-frame revolver though. I would like some type of strap or something similar as compared to just a tight holster that fits well. The holster I have now is a very tight holster and fits my gun very well. I have seen revolver holsters with "hammer straps" on them in the past. Any opinions on those?

It works fine. Even hammerless works fine with a properly fitted holster.

Top Bottom