Family Indoor Shooting Range (AKA Popguns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Ok class...we are going to stay after till EVERYONE understands.

1. Pops Guns SUCKS
    2. Mike is a D-bag
    3. The manager A munch is a bigger D-bag
    4. Can't wait for BGF to open their range
    5. Pops SUCKS

Pretty much sums it up... I get dumber everytime I go in there. They treat customers like red-headed step children. They are smug and elitists. Their prices are as inflated as their egos.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Sick is sick. What does the EXACT temp have to do with it? I sometimes fell miserable before the fever ever sets in and don't really feel to bad at other times when my temp is higher other than chills. I think you made the safe decision and chose not to spread a virus around. From the bottom of my immune system I say, stay home in bed and if he needs you, he will have to ask you to come back.
    BTW, what kind of small business owner doesn't answer his phone? Come on, you are the face of your company and should always be available (even when you don't want to be), if not then hire someone to take your calls.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    lol this is the second site I have seen this post, op are you a little ++++hurt? You should of realized who you were working for, quite a few years ago.....

ETA:
    1233444.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've posted about Pop's before. In simiular threads there are only a handful of people that have a good or o.k. experience at Pop's, I rarely walk into Pop's. About as often as Elmore's. Both stores are over priced and have attitude towards customers. I shop on-line, quicker, easier and usually cheaper.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I have no love for Pop's (see my post above), however, it is not in good taste for a former employee to post what has been posted. Not sure if Mike has seen this or not, but I am sure if he has then his lawyersw have seen it. You made accusations that you better be able to prove. Also, disclosing information that you are priviledged to as an employee (i.e. pricing) is a no-no.

I understand you are bitter at them. But I do not know what kind of employee you have been - do you call in sick often? do you make Mike's life easier or harder? do you make Mike money to justify your existance? I do not know you personally so I am not passing judgement - just trying to see both sides. Really, I do not want to see both sides or either side.

Brandis offered you a job but are you going to turn on them after 10yrs of service.

There is always more to the story...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Perhaps I was bitter at them. Perhaps Mike was pissed that he was going to have to cover for one of the five days I was scheduled this month, and he spoke before he thought about what to say. Now he has to cover for the other four, or make Terry do it. As far as my work ethic, this past Friday was the first day I have not been able to work when I was scheduled in 9 years. They came to me when Harry was out of the shop due to health reasons. Harry has been back for a while, and Terry keeps asking me for my availability so I must me doing something right. As far as divulging the shops pricing structure? The things I reveled could easily been figured out with a little bit of web surfing, and simple math skills. At this point I no longer care about Family Indoor Shooting Range. I wish Mike the best of luck in all of his future endeavors.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Perhaps I was bitter at them. Perhaps Mike was pissed that he was going to have to cover for one of the five days I was scheduled this month, and he spoke before he thought about what to say. Now he has to cover for the other four, or make Terry do it. As far as my work ethic, this past Friday was the first day I have not been able to work when I was scheduled in 9 years. They came to me when Harry was out of the shop due to health reasons. Harry has been back for a while, and Terry keeps asking me for my availability so I must me doing something right. As far as divulging the shops pricing structure? The things I reveled could easily been figured out with a little bit of web surfing, and simple math skills. At this point I no longer care about Family Indoor Shooting Range. I wish Mike the best of luck in all of his future endeavors.

Thanks, PMG - I meant nothing personal by it.

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So their practices weren't that bad when you worked for them, but now that they let you go, you're going to badmouth them?

I saw your exact same post on another forum too, and I think you need to just let it go and move on with your life.

You say you worked there 5 days a month, and you act like you've put in 50 hours a week for your whole life and they just pulled the rug out from under you.

The whining is unbecoming....

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    He used to work for them full time before going to his present job then part time at pops. Why don't you just sit back and let the truth come out before passing judgment on someones attitude. Pops **** poor attitude does not just stop at how they treat the customers, this is reflected in their prices and the way the owners treat EVERYONE. I for one am DONE shopping there.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I have no love for Pop's (see my post above), however, it is not in good taste for a former employee to post what has been posted. Not sure if Mike has seen this or not, but I am sure if he has then his lawyersw have seen it. You made accusations that you better be able to prove. Also, disclosing information that you are priviledged to as an employee (i.e. pricing) is a no-no.

I understand you are bitter at them. But I do not know what kind of employee you have been - do you call in sick often? do you make Mike's life easier or harder? do you make Mike money to justify your existance? I do not know you personally so I am not passing judgement - just trying to see both sides. Really, I do not want to see both sides or either side.

Brandis offered you a job but are you going to turn on them after 10yrs of service.

There is always more to the story...

This is Indiana friend. The law for slander/libel reads :

"100% OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING/WROTE HAS TO BE WRONG. NOT 99.9999999%
    "YOU MUST KNOW THAT 100% OF WHAT YOU SAY/WROTE IS WRONG. NOT 99.9999999%
    "YOU MUST BE SAYING IT TO CAUSE HARM TO THE REPUTATION"
    " YOU MUST PROVE THE DOLLAR AMOUNT THAT WAS CAUSED TO YOU."

It cost me $360 in legal fees to learn that. If even ONE of the above is missing you are out of luck. My attorney told me in 30+ years of practicing law in Indiana he has NEVER seen someone win a slander/libel case here.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    This is Indiana friend. The law for slander/libel reads :

"100% OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING/WROTE HAS TO BE WRONG. NOT 99.9999999%
    "YOU MUST KNOW THAT 100% OF WHAT YOU SAY/WROTE IS WRONG. NOT 99.9999999%
    "YOU MUST BE SAYING IT TO CAUSE HARM TO THE REPUTATION"
    " YOU MUST PROVE THE DOLLAR AMOUNT THAT WAS CAUSED TO YOU."

It cost me $360 in legal fees to learn that. If even ONE of the above is missing you are out of luck. My attorney told me in 30+ years of practicing law in Indiana he has NEVER seen someone win a slander/libel case here.

Good point. However, that would not stop Mike from making the OP spend the money defending himself.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Good point. However, that would not stop Mike from making the OP spend the money defending himself.

It wouldn't get past square one, and the OP wouldn't have to look REAL hard to find hundreds, if not thousands, of people to support his claims. Everyone KNOWS what Pops has turned into. Sad really. For decades it was a top notch shop. Mike has managed to run it into the ground.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It wouldn't get past square one, and the OP wouldn't have to look REAL hard to find hundreds, if not thousands, of people to support his claims. Everyone KNOWS what Pops has turned into. Sad really. For decades it was a top notch shop. Mike has managed to run it into the ground.

Very true. Burden of proof is on the prosecution :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ok so I'm resurrecting this post NOT for the OP's reason of his cold, but just simply to share my disatisfaction with Pops.

I don't usually go there because I live on the west side but they were not too bad of a shop many years ago. I go to all the best shops around Indy at least once a week on my day off to see if there is any new deals on used inventory, but I will not waste my time at Pops ever again.

My wife and I had a couple of hours to kill until we needed to be somewhere downtown, so I decided to take her to Pop's and rent a gun or two on the range for her to try out that we have been thinking of buying for her and also check out their inventory.

I'm not a big complainer but I'm also not afraid to tell the truth. The range there is a COMPLETE waste of time unless you have ALL day to waste and sit there to wait your turn. There were at least 3-4 guys working and we walked around for about 20 minutes and NOT 1 person asked if we needed help, said hi, or ANYTHING.

I hate Don's Guns because their prices are ridiculous, but Pop's has higher prices than any of my normal local shops and for the first time ever I can honestly say that there is ONE store that I would rather go to Don's instead. F*** Pop's......horrible service, prices ARE NOT worth the drive there, and don't even bother trying to get in the range because there is a line for it even in the middle of the day on a week day. I'll never be back or spend a dime with them. I'll stick to Bradis, ITS, and Plainfield for purchases and Don's for an indoor winter range.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I also refuse to do any more business with Family Indoor Shooting Range (AKA Popguns) after repeatedly experiencing first hand how bad their customer service is.

Top Bottom