• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    While it is certainly true that you "cannot knock the **** out of her" I would make it known to her that I would take all forms of legal action necessary and sue the **** out of her and anyone else that had anything to do with unjustly interfering with my current employment causing me to lose my ability to earn a living. :twocents:

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wow, I can't believe I just read 6 pages of this. Kid it is simple......if you are 18 or older, legal to own a gun, and do not live under her roof then tell her to go get F&^%$#. Deal with the job issue when it becomes an issue and if thats how the B*&^%$ is going to treat her little brother than she is not deserving of your time. Oh and P.S. it works both ways if the s&%# gets to thick, you can screw up her husbands work life back, an eye for an eye!

But I would first try taking her husband out to the range and get him addicted to shooting so he can grow some nuts as well. Maybe then he will stand up to her, put her in her place and tell her to mind her own business. then you both can get the hell off of team V. Quit whining and making up excuses, be a man and take the bull by the horns!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    1st, find other work.

2nd, Move farther away from your idiot sister.

3rd, Get your LTCH.

4th, live your life in peace as you see fit.

Your little sis's attempt to protect you from yourself would be laudable if she actually made any sense. Of course, I don't know you from Adam and her perception of your abilities and good sense after having lived with you may be spot on and actually make sense.
    Jobs achieved through nepotism give the person who got you the job an inordinate amount of control in your life should they choose to excercise it as you are currently finding out. Better to get out and stand on your own 2 pins, kill it and drag it home on your own.

But your sis would pi$$ me off too.:n00b:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I disagree, you shouldn't have to lie to be your own person, I would say accept me for who I am or get the f%#$ out of my life. Now it's her call to make a chioce!

He can still be his own person and cut her out of his life after telling her what she wants to hear. It avoids having a battle with a crazy person who seems bent on making his life miserable.

Sometimes it is easier to let people believe what they want to believe. Sort of like that infamous question "do these pants make my butt look big?" , only one correct way to answer that and it isn't "no your butt makes your butt look big" :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This thread is so full of fail, I can't bear to particpate any longer. I'll say this and then move off into the sunset. The absolute immaturity displayed by the OP in his writing, actions, interactions with family, and his out and out misunderstanding about how the world works make me question if he should be around firearms. I'll never dispute his legal and constitutional right to bear arms, but I'm beginning to think that his family has a legitimate concern.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Well thanks for all the good advice and all the bad advice about me being competent to have a gun u suck, i have taken a basic pistol class and ccw class and been to the range many times, unfortunitly my family is freaking weird. So again thanks for all the good ideas.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Ok well its official my sister hates me, she found out i wanted to get my gun back from a friend in michigan and she said if i did she would **** my life up, so i think im not in america anymore sry, anybody have family like mine any advice or just a kind word would be helpful
    Ahh...I would tell my sister that if she wanted to try to **** up my life, then bring it on.:ar15:

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Well i just got the best news the priest who works at her job is a gun owner, dont think she knows that lol this is awsome so im getting my gun back, if he can have guns so can i.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Well i just got the best news the priest who works at her job is a gun owner, dont think she knows that lol this is awsome so im getting my gun back, if he can have guns so can i.

I don't think you get it, it does not matter if her priest, hair dresser, or gynecologist is a gun owner! It doesn't matter if she approves or disapproves! Dude, seriously think about what you type before you type it! Just a friendly word of advise.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't mean to be rude but do we have a "drama queen"smiley face somewhere???

To Burt,

I think the biggest problem some folks have here is you seem to be taking the idea that "my sister will mess up my life" a tad bit far.:dunno:

Perhaps we are wrong and if so we need to address the matter.

My thoughts are as follows:

#1) As opposed to what some others have said I would suggest cutting almost all ties with your sister - at least for the foreseeable future! If she truly has an irrational mentality that could cause problems do not speak with her at all. You can be diplomatic and say, "Some of what you have said has hurt me and I do not see a need for future contact. Good bye." PERIOD! END! No discussion other than that. Hang up the phone. Walk away. Whatever it takes to move on. No reviewing it. No talking it over. No trying to convince the Brady Campaign in high heels they are wrong. No dragging it out.

#2) Go to your HR department right away and simply explain that you are having a personal issue with a family member, your sister, and you do not want this to impact your work. You enjoy your work and appreciate the opportunity the company has given you.

#3) Avoid speaking with her husband while at work. PERIOD! If you cannot avoid this then communicate as succinctly as possible and discuss only work related issues. If he wants to talk about ANYTHING that is not work related then kindly and respectfully tell him, "Sir. I appreciate what you have done for me here but I want to keep things on a professional level. Discussing any other topic makes me uncomfortable. I hope you understand. Have a nice day." Then continue on. NO DEBATES. NO OTHER DISCUSSIONS. If he presses the issue then talk to your HR department or his immediate superior about his discussion topics. Explain to them that you want to keep your personal life out of work and want him to do the same.

#4) Go to the friend where the firearms are and get them. They are yours. Do not tell family and friends. Do not carry on a great dialog with him. Just get them and go. If crossing state lines do not deviate from the friends location to your home. Go straight home.

#5) Begin looking for another job right away. Put the idea of a job search on the back burner and keep looking in case all of us are wrong about your blowing her power out of proportion.

#6) Accept the fact that for a long time, maybe monthes, years, or decades, your contact with her will be minimal. Until she grows up and can deal with reality your contact will be limited. If she never deals with it, your contact remains limited. Polite. Loving. Caring. Limited.

If someone asks me a question or starts to discuss a topic I do not have to answer them or engage in conversation. I don't have to be a snot either. Well, sometimes I do...:D But the point is that in casual observation sometimes your posts indicate a need to understand that just because the phone rings doesn't mean you have to answer it.

Good luck with your dilemma. I hope it works out for you.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom