• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    When we lived in OK, we built a new home. We expanded a house plan to make a bigger kitchen and ½ bath and in the process ended up with a 3X8 unused space. It was enclosed by walls for the kitchen, ½ bath, den and on the 4th side by the alcove in the garage for the water heater. I had three decorative panels built for the wall in the den. The center panel disconnected from the wall and you stepped over a threshold into the 3X8 storage area. Cozy but effective. :rockwoot:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    We've been talking about this just recently, but for different reasons than hiding a safe. What I'd like to find a way to do is, Put a false wall on our basement door so it blends in nicely. The door doesn't need to be overly strong because we can put reinforcement after that point. I just want to have it blend in almost perfectly so I've got a lot of research to do. It looks like it way be doable.

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    My wife's cousin lived in house of a former drug dealer. The guy had a bookcase in the basement hinged to the wall. Swing the case and a 10'x20' room set up for growing pot with a sprinkler and drainage system installed. She lived there with 2 other girls for 1 year before I spoted it the first time I visited the place. They were kind of freaked out, not knowing what previous owner had hidden in the rest of the property.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    A post about gun vaults got me thinking (sometimes a dangerous thing!). Has anyone here ever considered a false wall to conceal guns & valuables? I've kicked the idea around since a burglary a few years back, but haven't gotten serious about it yet.

Opinions?
    If you decide to build a hidden room be aware of how your door will open to it. If it opens outwards it might leave noticeable marks on your floor which will give away its location.

Top Bottom