• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Has anyone else heard about the fake names reported to be those of the Asiana aircraft that crashed in San Francisco?

I heard on the radio that some California news caster said they had confirmed the names with the FAA.

One of the purported names were,

Sum Ting Wong (Some-thing wrong) :rolleyes:

Another was,
    Wi Tu Lo (We're too low) :laugh:

I didn't catch the last one, but how could one NOT see the problem here?

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Yea, reportedly an intern with the Feds approved the release. The other two were:
    Ho Li Fuk
    Bang Ding Ow

Decidedly racist and yet still funny. Some heads will roll and the airline is suing the station.

The news anchor reading the copy apparently did not proof the copy before hand. Her face changed after reading it as the lights came on!

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Takes me back to the humor of the 50s. Hu Flung Poo, I. P. Daily, etc. I laughed and laughed after watching the News Reader say all of the names with a straight and serious face.

It must be right - it's on the teleprompter!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yep. Not only did she read all the names, they were displayed proudly on a graphic while she was doing it!

[video=youtube;pmc2jA5ba9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmc2jA5ba9U[/video]

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I think some people just need to clean teh sand out of their vagina and laugh. It was funny, the intern (or whoever did it) deserves some credit for a nicely done prank... Now lets laugh about it, and move on.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I think some people just need to clean teh sand out of their vagina and laugh. It was funny, the intern (or whoever did it) deserves some credit for a nicely done prank... Now lets laugh about it, and move on.

I agree. I just have a hard time believing someone could be stupid enough to read that all the way through without catching it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And the airline was going to sue the TV station for "damaging their reputation". As if their pilots flying their airplane into the ground didn't already do that.

Ron Burgundy anyone?

Damn it! Who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you put on that prompter, Burgundy will read!

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....Decidedly racist and yet still funny. Some heads will roll and the airline is suing the station....

Haven't you heard? There's no such thing as racism against Asians, I mean, there can't be.....they have higher test scores than whites, higher high school graduation rates than whites and higher college graduation rates than whites. If they were the object of racism, none of those things would be possible.

Top Bottom