• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    I went to the indy 1500 gun show yesterday and traded my s&w 9mm sigma that I bought new at the show in early '09 for a new xd 40. I bought the s&w for 319+ tax and the xd was marked 480+tax. it cost me 200 for the upgrade and I also included 2 holsters I had ($50 total) and felt I got a very good deal from the guys at PLAINFIELD SHOOTERS SUPPLY. was it as good of a deal as i think or no?

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    If you are happy, then it was a good deal. Sounds fair on the prices anyway.
    Did you just throw in the holsters, or did it knock some $ off?

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    holsters were included from the start... one guy offered me 200 for what i had, another offered me a 200 difference but the xd didnt come with the holster, mag holster, or ez mag loader (i was told it was new but older ones had the gear option) and it was priced at 420+tax. i am happy with my trade. I was able to sell my 9mm fmj and jhp rounds to a friend for a fair price he offered. so im 9mm free and ready to start with the 40. now all i need to do is get an iwb holster and paddle holster bc i dont like the xd gear holster that much. most importantly i need to find a range or area to shoot my new gun bc i refuse to go to Don's and pay 25 to shoot my own gun

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Don't analyze it to much. If you feel you got a fair trade leave it at that and enjoy your new firearm.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I predict that after you shoot the XD and the love starts to set in, there will be no question in your mind.

:D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Actually the older Xd's did not come with gear. My Dad bought his about 5-6 years ago, and it was the gun only. I bought mine in 08, and got the gear. May I ask who told you the new Xd's do not come with the gear?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Don't analyze it to much. If you feel you got a fair trade leave it at that and enjoy your new firearm.

I agree with this. I used to do this all the time, then came to the same realization. Every deal you do isn't going to be the earth shattering deal of the century but as long as your happy with what you got, that is what matters.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

This. I'm never overly concerned about $$$ in a trade. My concern is whether I'm getting what I want, and I assume the other party is too, or they wouldn't finalize the trade. I've made some trades where folks would think I lost my shirt, but I was happy anyway because I had what I wanted.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Actually the older Xd's did not come with gear. My Dad bought his about 5-6 years ago, and it was the gun only. I bought mine in 08, and got the gear. May I ask who told you the new Xd's do not come with the gear?

let me reword my statement .... it was a new gun (never owned or shot besides factory and dealer) but not new like they (the dealer) just got in new in an order last month.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    let me reword my statement .... it was a new gun (never owned or shot besides factory and dealer) but not new like they (the dealer) just got in new in an order last month.

Ok gotcha just wanted to make sure, they did not try and screw you! Enjoy your Xd, I know I love mine.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Great Trade! I'm confident that you'll agree the first time you shoot the XD. You'll definietely notice a easier and better feeling trigger. Those Sigma's need some major trigger work. Enjoy the XD. Don't underestimate the S&W line due to the poor performance of the Sigma series. The M&P line is Great!

Top Bottom