• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    Hi all, I've recently come into some unexpected money and would like to invest it the best way I can think. A high end fun with even more NFA fun to go along.

Anyways, I want to go the route of a suppressed AR15. I'm looking hard at a Noveske 14.5' light carbine with their Switchblock gas block. That looks like a great factory suppressor ready carbine. The rifle POU will be for CQB. I am planning on running whatever I get in a carbine class next year at TDI. So it will not be a safe queen.

Does anyone have any experience running a Noveske? I'd also be interested in anything comparable. I would, however, like to stay away from doing a complete build. Money isn't really an issue either, but I wouldn't mind any possible savings. I do still need to purchase optics and the can after the rifle is acquired.

And before anyone says it, I've searched here and done some research elsewhere before posting. But the feedback here is always a great source of knowledge.

Thanks!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does anyone have any experience running a Noveske?

My SBR is a 10.5" Noveske and I love it. Its short, reliable, and accurate.

You can see me breaking it in here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nge_report_with_a_side_of_wind_pics_vids.html

One consideration for your potential 14.5" build-- if you're not wanting to register it as an SBR (less than 16"), you'll need to permanently attach a flash hider to it, making it 16". That means you'll need to pick a suppressor that will attach over your chosen flash hider. And you'll need to stick with that suppressor, as buying any thread-on suppressor will do you no good.

I might suggest going with a 16" gun in order to give you the most versatility.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    Thanks for great response. I hadn't considered the versatility. I had planned on a 14.5' with a welded flash suppressor that would take a quick mount sound suppressor. I hadn't considered that I would still need a special type of suppressor for it.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    I also recommend Noveske. I have a 16 midlength that is more accurate than I am and has gone thru two carbine course with out a hitch. But, I would also say to go the SBR route right away.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Noveske 10.5
    DSC_0463-1.jpg

YHM 5.56 w/qd
    DSC_0460-1.jpg

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    Well crap. Now it looks like I may be taking a job in Chicago early next year. No NFA for me. Stupid Illinois...

But thank you all for making me extremely envious.

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hi all, I've recently come into some unexpected money and would like to invest it the best way I can think. A high end fun with even more NFA fun to go along.

Anyways, I want to go the route of a suppressed AR15. I'm looking hard at a Noveske 14.5' light carbine with their Switchblock gas block. That looks like a great factory suppressor ready carbine. The rifle POU will be for CQB. I am planning on running whatever I get in a carbine class next year at TDI. So it will not be a safe queen.

Does anyone have any experience running a Noveske? I'd also be interested in anything comparable. I would, however, like to stay away from doing a complete build. Money isn't really an issue either, but I wouldn't mind any possible savings. I do still need to purchase optics and the can after the rifle is acquired.

And before anyone says it, I've searched here and done some research elsewhere before posting. But the feedback here is always a great source of knowledge.

Thanks!

My personal opinion has been that if you're going to do an SBR, you might as well go 10.5 or 11.5 inches. I personally like 11.5 since it's supposedly more reliable and it's still within warranty of a can. Most manufacturer's do not warranty their rifle cans for use on a barrel shorter than 10.3" if I remember correctly. Which is why some guys go with an 10.5" bbl.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    Live on the Indiana side? Put it in a trust and let someone hold onto it? You have options!

I would hate investing this kind of money into something that knowing that someone ELSE is enjoying my investment way more than myself.

Instead, I've decided to re-invest my can funds back into the rifle itself. So I get to move more upmarket in the AR15 world. So I suppose I'll just have to make due with having LOUD fun with expensive toys :rockwoot:

Top Bottom