• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Like others have said, the big box stores work well for me. I try to go to a Gander or Dick's since they sell guns and it wouldn't be unusual to see guns in their parking lot. Try to do it during the day or at least under good lighting if it's at night. If you don't feel safe for any reason just drive away.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I generally go to nice car washes because they are usually under video surveillance and are public but have individual stalls.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Seems like most of my FTF firarms transactions are occuring in McDonald's and Walmart parking lots. They just seem to be handy landmarks for meeting at.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I bought both of my guns at a private sale and I went to the member's house...but then again we kinda knew each other, and her and her hubby are both gun owners themselves so we all felt safe LOL.

I never thought about doing a FTF with someone I didn't know.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Anywhere that is convenient and legal. If an employee (or manager, or owner, etc.) ask you to leave the property, then do so immediately. As long as you don't try to draw attention to yourself, chances are no one will even notice you.

Just as an added note about how FTF deals can go. I found a S&W revolver on an Indiana gun site, I emailed the seller and inquired about the gun, he told me that he was selling the gun for a widow lady whose husband had just passed away. It turned out that the seller was my neighbor, so we did the deal in my driveway, it also turned out that the gentleman who passed away was a friend of mine and his obituary had not been posted in the newspaper. The whole deal was somewhat bittersweet, I found out about the passing of my friend, and I was able to buy a gun that belonged to him and help his widow out.

Last edited:

cassaireland05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro IN
    The parking lot of a gun store during normal hours would work just fine. A gun shouldn't draw any extra attention.

I agree that is what we did. But the guy we bought things off of knew the guy so maybe if you are meeting someone some where see if they have a gun shop they go to all of the time where they are well known. You might want to carry too.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've never had anyone balk at letting me hold that information privately, I have 16-18 copies from the last five years including a handful of members of this site. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, I understand the privacy concerns, but I haven't ran into anyone yet that felt it was compromising theirs given the circumstances. I offer the same info to those that I meet FTF for transactions and always hand them my business card.

How is it you have had deals in the classifieds with a handful of members of this site and you haven't made it to your 50 quality post count yet???:n00b:

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I always state to any prospective seller that I intend to have the serial numbers ran by the police department as soon as I get back to the office. It makes me feel better that I'm not buying a stolen weapon.

PS: I really do have them run the numbers and so far everything has been clean.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have done them at McDonalds, Gander Mountain, Gas stations, service roads right off an interstate exit, etc.

I try and avoid anyplace that has too many people, police stations, or anywhere with kids. Not that there is anything illegal going on, Id just rather not deal with any undue attention.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I always state to any prospective seller that I intend to have the serial numbers ran by the police department as soon as I get back to the office. It makes me feel better that I'm not buying a stolen weapon.

Why not ask for the # before the sale, that way you dont lose your gun and $$ if it does come back stolen.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Who do you call and how long do you wait for a reply?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    i also believe this is why alot of gun shows 'prohibit' dealing/trading outside

walmart parking lot has served its use for me several times.

also lowes, gander mountain.

larger lots that you can park out and away from the entry of the business so not to cause "panic" to some people. nothing like a call to police of "two people with guns outside such and such".

i agree with indy_guy_77 , a gun shop lot may draw unwanted attention for all parties and the innocent shop owners. i also believe this is why alot of gun shows 'prohibit' dealing/trading outside of the building.

They "prohibit" because they want you to buy entrance to their gun show!!
    As long as you pay to get in the building they really do not care one way or the other..Bill.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How about meeting at a range to complete deals? The buyer gets to try the gun and nobody will be frightened at the sight of a gun.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    This sounds good, but it does NOT happen..

I call BS on this one..PD's will NOT "run the numbers" just to check for you..
    Why not ask for the # before the sale, that way you dont lose your gun and $$ if it does come back stolen.
    I think that you are just "Pulling this guys chain" See above..
    ^^ That's not a bad idea. I'll start doing that.
    The ONLY way you will get a LEO to "Run the numbers" is during the course of an investigation of said weapon.
    Who do you call and how long do you wait for a reply?

They will wait for a LONG TIME....Bill.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    public place and if you dont bring a friend at least call one and tell them when and where and ask them to call you back 30 min after the meeting....just in case

Top Bottom