• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Anyone else carry an extra magazine through their belt loop of their pants?

I know I know......Its not tacticool......But it works, and its free. Ive been doing it for years, and have never once had it even come close to falling out. The bottom of the magazine is bigger and flat and acts as a stop.

Am I alone?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Anyone else carry an extra magazine through their belt loop of their pants?

I know I know......Its not tacticool......But it works, and its free. Ive been doing it for years, and have never once had it even come close to falling out. The bottom of the magazine is bigger and flat and acts as a stop.

Am I alone?

You should take a handgun training class and use that method of mag carry...see how it works out.

-J-

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does your mag fall out when you do a front roll out?

I do not understand how the mag would be secure if you got in a fight???:dunno:

Can you do a video for us? I'd love to see it demonstrated.:)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Does your mag fall out when you do a front roll out?

I do not understand how the mag would be secure if you got in a fight???:dunno:

Can you do a video for us? I'd love to see it demonstrated.:)

He has a gun, why yould he fight on the ground and roll out and such? :)

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I do wear a belt. Whats the difference between it being in a pouch or being in my belt loop if it is secure and I can still get to it very quickly?

Ill take pics later, way too lazy right now, just got home from work.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    If it stays put, then I don't see a difference. Will it take a roll out or a hard fall to the deck?:dunno:

Admittedly I havent done any tacticool rolls with it but Im pretty confident that it would stay. It fits in there pretty snug but not so snug that its hard to pull out.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I was at a seminar and heard an Ohio Sheriff's Deputy tell a story where he was shot 4 times with an AR and was able to drop his attacker with his .40 S&W sidearm at 62 yards with the last round he had. After that he was out of ammo because he had no extra mag. He couldn't get into his truck because one of the .223 rounds destroyed one of his femurs and another disabled one of his arms. Oh, the other thing was his attacker's wife came out after the shootout and went to her husband. The deputy didn't know if she was gonna pick up the AR and come over and kill the deputy for shooting her husband or not. But there wasn't anything he was gonna be able to do about it if she did because he was out of ammo. Luckily for him she just came out to care for her husband.

At the end of the talk he said, "Shame on you if you don't carry an extra mag or two." Basically his point was it could be the difference between living and dying. He was lucky that he didn't need more ammo.

I have an old Leatherman holster that my 7-round Colt Defender mag fits in perfectly. I carry my multi-tool in my pocket. I also carry an extra mag for my P3AT in the small coin-pocket of my jeans. Fits pretty good. I would think any knife holster would accomodate quite a few types of mags. At least single-stacks like the 1911.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    That was just about the stupidest range maneuver I have ever seen. What exactly was the purpose of doing a somersault while running downrange? Testing his gear retention? Trick your attacker into believing you have a handicap or you're drunk? Anyway, if your gear is not well secured to your person invariably just when you step out of the car for the nice policeman a piece of your gear will hit the asphalt and freak him out real bad.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I feel the magazine needs to be secure a little more than just in a belt loop. Color me stupid but my luck it would come out at the worse time ever.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I was at a seminar and heard an Ohio Sheriff's Deputy tell a story where he was shot 4 times with an AR and was able to drop his attacker with his .40 S&W sidearm at 62 yards with the last round he had. After that he was out of ammo because he had no extra mag. He couldn't get into his truck because one of the .223 rounds destroyed one of his femurs and another disabled one of his arms. Oh, the other thing was his attacker's wife came out after the shootout and went to her husband. The deputy didn't know if she was gonna pick up the AR and come over and kill the deputy for shooting her husband or not. But there wasn't anything he was gonna be able to do about it if she did because he was out of ammo. Luckily for him she just came out to care for her husband.

At the end of the talk he said, "Shame on you if you don't carry an extra mag or two." Basically his point was it could be the difference between living and dying. He was lucky that he didn't need more ammo.

I have an old Leatherman holster that my 7-round Colt Defender mag fits in perfectly. I carry my multi-tool in my pocket. I also carry an extra mag for my P3AT in the small coin-pocket of my jeans. Fits pretty good. I would think any knife holster would accomodate quite a few types of mags. At least single-stacks like the 1911.

Thats just utter BS, we all know you never need to shoot past 7 feet.;)

As to the OP, I wil have to try that, I can't imagine it would stay during H2H or reload very fast, but I don't know everything.

Top Bottom