• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess the difference is that the US citizen just happens to be a potential opposition candidate. It appears that the Democrats are trying to make this a case about campaign finance violation that rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

Honest question, do you think that Trump was actually worried about Ukrainian corruption, and just happened to get lucky in that Biden's son related somehow? I'm asking your opinion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think they are riddled with TDS AND can't stand the thought of another old white man as president. They truly think that ANYONE can beat Trump and will not "settle for" another white, non-gay man to do it.

So I guess the other side of that coin, is that the Republicans are so caught up with TDS that they can't stand the idea of the president NOT being another old white man.
    MAGA like 1955? :dunno:

EOTR

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do the Dems even know who the VP is?

Have they really thought this through?

Trump may be a lot of horrible things they don't like, but Pence is what they hate the MOST. A Christian conservative.

FTFY

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....they can't stand the idea of the president NOT being another old white man.
    MAGA like 1955? :dunno:

EOTR

Well let's be clear when someone says "it's about time that a ________________" is elected president, they are declaring their prejudice. Which side does that...in 2019?

I'm not going to assume prejudice just because it fits a narrative, without evidence, but when a group admit to it outright, I'm not going to ignore the admission.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Honest question, do you think that [STRIKE]Trump[/STRIKE] [Obama] was actually worried about [STRIKE]Ukrainian corruption[/STRIKE] [Russian interference in our election], and just happened to get lucky in that [STRIKE]Biden's son[/STRIKE] [Trump] related somehow? I'm asking your opinion.

Back at ya'

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honest question, do you think that Trump was actually worried about Ukrainian corruption, and just happened to get lucky in that Biden's son related somehow? I'm asking your opinion.

This whole Biden's son thing was out there a long time ago....just ignored by a lot of people.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This has been planned since November 9, 2016.
    The Impeachment inquiry will take six months.
    The Impeachment investigation will take another six months.
    Every day, for the next year, the Dem can't-idates will posture for the press about Trump's evil.
    In October, 2020, Pelosi will announce they found hundreds of instances of impeachable actions, but that Trump covered his tracks so well and bribed so many witnesses that they can't prove them. To avoid further dividing the country, they will not file for impeachment.

This is all done for political purposes.

Bingo. This has been on the calendar for years. If it wasn't this nothingburger of a story, they would have made up another excuse.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think this is just about the Biden thing. If you refer to a section early on in the conversation transcript Trump brings mention of the "crowdstrike" thing which is in relation to the Hillary Clinton email scandal and also has potential implications in the origin of the Mueller investigation of which Ukraine might reportedly have knowledge of that Trump is obsessed with getting to the bottom of in seeking further vindication.

As far as the Biden's son thing goes I don't think Trump was particularly out of line in asking about a potential conflict concerning Biden's involvement in getting a Ukrainian prosecutor fired that was in the process of investigating the possible corruption of a Ukranian gas and oil company that his son was affiliated with.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well let's be clear when someone says "it's about time that a ________________" is elected president, they are declaring their prejudice. Which side does that...in 2019?

I'm not going to assume prejudice just because it fits a narrative, without evidence, but when a group admit to it outright, I'm not going to ignore the admission.

"'It's about time that a black player' got into major league baseball." Is the speaker declaring their prejudice?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This all sounds like more of the same:

man.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If democrat constituents had any sense (they don't), they would be holding their so-called representatives' feet to the fire to drop all this silly BS and get to work. They've done absolutely nothing since 2016 except try to bring down a duly elected president. They are petulant children in adult bodies, threatening to hold their breath until they get their way. Except dammit, they just keep breathing. I wish they'd quit that.

FIFY

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Regarding the issue of prejudice I will be the first to admit it still exists in many people, and this in the wrong way that is generally used in common speech. After all, we are all prejudiced. If we see a white man that staggers out of the alleyway looking like he peed himself with ratty clothes and a five (5) week olde sgaggly beard and unkempt hair we will prejudge him a certain way. Take the same man, clean him up, put a $5k Armani suit on him with $1k shoes walking out of a courthouse and we'll prejudge him another way. (Successful mob lawyer!;))

But I don't think racism is a strong today as it was before. While still existing it still takes a likeable candidate. I will always argue that I think Gen Colin Powell could have won an election had he decided to run for it. Even if he wouldn't have won he would have made a damn strong showing. It isn't colour or sex as much anymore as it is simply the likeability of the person. It is well time that a woman was elected president, now let's find a woman likeable enough to actually run for the job! Hillary Clinton was not her! At the height of the last campaign her likeability rating (per Real Clear Politics) was only 41%. That means at her very best about 60% of the country did not like her, even democrats.

Oprah could get elected. She is smart, media savvy, very well spoken, and likeable. Now, is she smart/dumb enough to run?

There will always be segments of the population that despise other groups. Folks that won't vote for blacks, women, Jews, Muslims, whatever. But they are more on the fringes today.

If the democrats want to beat Trump they have to get someone that #1) They all like, #2) at least 50% of the middle thinks is OK, and #3) isn't wholly despised by the republicans. I don't think they will get that with Joe Biden. The older democrats will like Biden but the younger ones won't be enthusiastic about him. I think the middle will be "Meh."

Regards,

Doug

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    "'It's about time that a black player' got into major league baseball." Is the speaker declaring their prejudice?
    1889 was a different time, prejudice was way more common then. I'm sure Moses Fleetwood Walker would appreciate the concern though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This whole Biden's son thing was out there a long time ago....just ignored by a lot of people.
    The thing about this is that I feel the American people have a right to know about all of this potential conflict concerning possible Ukraine corruption, Biden and his son.

I don't see an issue if Trump is the one requesting assistance from the newly elected Ukrainian leader in bringing the issue to the forefront even if the subject of the inquiry is a potential political opponent. Biden himself admits threatening to withhold aid unless the Ukrainian prosecutor is fired. Now you can say that the reason for insisting the firing was because the prosecutor was allegedly corrupt but the fact still remains that there was a conflict concerning Biden's son.

I also do not see any attempt at a quid pro quo or where the Ukrainian leader was pressured in exchange for looking into that possible conflict.

I think people that are looking to make a bigger deal out of all of this are doing so because they hate Trump and want to get rid of him ASAP.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

That is only the beginning. There is also the even larger (money-wise) Biden-China corruption.

Oh, and it turns out that multiple Democrat Senators applied financial pressure to Ukraine related to investigations for the Meuller investigation.
    Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe. In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake.

Democrats have no problem with encouraging investigations against political opponents until it happens to them. Quid pro quo is status quo with the [STRIKE]Democrats[/STRIKE] criminal class.

Burn Biden and then follow up with the senators.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom