• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In this I agree. He is exercising his authority. The issue, IMO, is whether a president "exercising his authority," is impeachable when there is corrupt intent. I personally believe it is. Others do not. In any instance within government, when a person uses their authority with corrupt intent, they are either fired are arrested. Since the president can't be arrested, then that must mean he can be fired (i.e. impeached).
    Given the fact that you appear to be stipulating to my point that he is within his right to exercise his authority you cannot solely make the case of corrupt intent that rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

I happen to believe that there are still legit outstanding issues that Trump is trying to address that falls within his current authority. Should he therefore have to relinquish that current authority just because he is a candidate up for re-election?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That they were committing to $75 billion per day, every (trading) day, for the foreseeable future. I shall wait and see

That's not what the fed said and it's not what I said the fed said so I'll assume it is someones assumption.
    What I suspect is that that nasty ol' hockey stick chart is our way of life.
    By the way, note that the fed said they were doing at least 75, not up to 75 as some spinners have spun it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    WOW!
    Some people need to put down the remote and get back to reality.

On occasion I will turn on CNN to see what kind of nonsense they are frenzying over just for fun. It's like watching a comedy show but all the actors think it's all real life. That's what makes it so scary. These people are seriously insane and need professional help. Lobotomies or something.

All the media outlets are in this echoing bubble of yes men. TDS is a real thing but they just don't see it from the inside. FOX is the only one close to being non-bias. It just seems to always be more conservative because everyone else is so deep in the liberal Trump hating suck. FOX still has a hand full of die hard Never-Trumpers that surface from time to time but I just ignore them. (they still go on the list though)

Thing is....
    I have a list going of mentally ill people from all this. Politicians not to vote for both dems and rinos, media groups, certain media individuals, Actors and Hollywood elites, companies, stores, etc... My list is long and I keep finding people and groups that are outing themselves to add to it. Ultimately people don't change so 10, 20 years from now, this list will still and always be relevant.

When there's a lib in the WH (God Forbid) these nutcases will mellow back out , go dormant and try to blend back in to the mix. But because of whats happening now, how insane they are acting, they have marked themselves forever. I won't forget. I am damn sure going to keep reminding the future of what they did and how they acted right now.

For those who would say this is a certain form of "Doxing" or whatever made-up terms they keep inventing. No, it's not.
    When a Liberal gets voted in to office what do all the Republicans do? Not much, just live there lives. Disappointed? Sure. They make the best of it. But have any of them ever done anything close to what's been happening 24/7 since Trump ran for presidency? Nope. Because that would be insane.

This....Right now..... Is History.
    We're living it. This crap that's going on will FOREVER be recorded into the history books (they will always try to erase it) and will be one of the most embarrassing acts the left has ever done. You get into the books, you go on my list, you are there forever. You are history.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Remember the "crazy years" prior to the break up of the US featured in some of Heinlein's novels?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That's not what the fed said and it's not what I said the fed said so I'll assume it is someones assumption.
    What I suspect is that that nasty ol' hockey stick chart is our way of life.
    By the way, note that the fed said they were doing at least 75, not up to 75 as some spinners have spun it.

Point of clarification if it is not understood, the hockey stick chart is what amounts to "QE to infinity", where I think we're headed if President Trump does not successfully preside over our bankruptcy and in the process put the globalist train on a side track.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pollution.

Too bad INGO is not set up to start a thread when you want to discuss a certain subject. Where other people that are interested in said subject can also read and discuss. Where people who are not interested in that subject can just ignore it. So that you do not have to post in an unrelated thread and muck up the waters.

Mods do you have any pull to possibly get this made possible?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Given the fact that you appear to be stipulating to my point that he is within his right to exercise his authority you cannot solely make the case of corrupt intent that rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

I happen to believe that there are still legit outstanding issues that Trump is trying to address that falls within his current authority. Should he therefore have to relinquish that current authority just because he is a candidate up for re-election?

Orange man bad. Orange man get impeached. NPC status: happy.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    All y'all are talking about facts!
    Schiff, when he gave his "parody" summation of the phone call transcript, made it clear; facts don't matter.
    The only thing that matters is what you can get people to believe. Schiff wants people to believe Trump is a gangster and the Democrat/Media complex is chanting the meme.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    i Have read everything that is available to the public on this, and I see no impeachable offense. I know some on this forum disagree, but I don’t see how they can say, with a straight face, that Trump should be impeached, and past offenses of the opposite party was okay. There is WAAYY more evidence of crimes committed by Hillary and, what he admitted to, Biden. I just don’t get it. I like to think I am impartial, I call a spade a spade, and if my guy committed a crime, then he/she/it should answer for it. As a whole I think conservatives adhere to this more. The left, not so much. I fear for the future of our Republic.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The latest on the whistleblower is that the form was revised in August. Previously this complaint would not have been received as it required first hand knowledge of anything reported by whistleblowers.

Between May 2018 and August 2019, the intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblowers provide direct, first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoings. This raises questions about the intelligence community’s behavior regarding the August submission of a whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump. The new complaint document no longer requires potential whistleblowers who wish to have their concerns expedited to Congress to have direct, first-hand knowledge of the alleged wrongdoing that they are reporting.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/2...rement-of-first-hand-whistleblower-knowledge/

And the ostrich minded head in the sand types keep saying there is no deep state against Trump...

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    The latest on the whistleblower is that the form was revised in August. Previously this complaint would not have been received as it required first hand knowledge of anything reported by whistleblowers.

Between May 2018 and August 2019, the intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblowers provide direct, first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoings. This raises questions about the intelligence community’s behavior regarding the August submission of a whistleblowercomplaint against President Donald Trump. The new complaint document no longer requires potential whistleblowers who wish to have their concerns expedited to Congress to have direct, first-hand knowledge of the alleged wrongdoing that they are reporting.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/2...rement-of-first-hand-whistleblower-knowledge/

And the ostrich minded head in the sand types keep saying there is no deep state against Trump...

i’m a conservative, not a Trump guy. I voted for him because he was the best choice we had. How anybody can see stuff like the above and STILL claim that there is no orchestrated attempt by the left, and never trumped rhinos, to oust him is beyond me. I like to think I am open minded, but the people who regularly claim that ground consistently prove that they are not. The rules keep changing and the people who so desperately want Trump out are ever so willing to overlook much more egregious acts by “their “ people.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    i’m a conservative, not a Trump guy. I voted for him because he was the best choice we had. How anybody can see stuff like the above and STILL claim that there is no orchestrated attempt by the left, and never trumped rhinos, to oust him is beyond me. I like to think I am open minded, but the people who regularly claim that ground consistently prove that they are not. The rules keep changing and the people who so desperately want Trump out are ever so willing to overlook much more egregious acts by “their “ people.

So it appears based on the timeline that the form was actually revised from requiring first hand knowledge to allowing secondhand knowledge so that this "whistle blower" could submit his claims. It also lists some of the now known falsehoods that were included which is inevitable when working with second-hand info. Deep state's gonna deep state.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Any impeachment proceedings that basically break down along party lines are nothing more than political theater.

A truly impeachable offense would get more than token bi-partisan support.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That sounds like something a police officer would say.

I have no RAS or PC but...

Actually, I was thinking about police when I made that post. Just not in the same way. If a police officer pulls over a woman going 5mph, which he is justified to do, but did so because he wanted to ask the woman out. That's corrupt intent, and I think he should lose his job, despite the action not being technically illegal. Agree or disagree?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom