• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Make the required paperwork to get IDs free, allow any government issued photo ID to apply, and add more polling stations, and I would agree with requiring IDs to vote. The second one, for some reason, seems to be a issue for Republicans.

If it isn't good enough to buy a beer it isn't good enough to vote. Easily faked Student ID's etc, not so much. My opinion, we should all have the real ID's that will be no fly, no drive, no vote...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If it isn't good enough to buy a beer it isn't good enough to vote. Easily faked Student ID's etc, not so much. My opinion, we should all have the real ID's that will be no fly, no drive, no vote...

If they have to scan the barcode on my ID to buy a case of beer, they need to scan it at the booth.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have been intending to make this prediction but do not think I posted it. There will be no witnesses in the impeachment trial. For all the grandstanding going on neither side really wants to open that can of worms that will involve so many from both parties if it all were unraveled. The corruption in DC runs deep none of them really want to dredge the ***** up.

I really think if dems could go back they would not do this, I think they thought this would be an easy slam dunk impeachment and out...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More complex than the justification for removing a nation's leader, the most powerful person in the world, based on ambiguous language from a 200+ year old document? That's a tough one for me to see Hough.
    It is more complex, but mostly because you have Senate and House leaders who have to posture for the press through their proxies. This isn’t a trial in a US courthouse. It’s more of a dog and pony show. Different rules. It has nothing to do with the 200 year old document. The parties involved really don’t five a flying **** about that except when they claim for the cameras in dramatic fassion, that they’re defending or upholding it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is more complex, but mostly because you have Senate and House leaders who have to posture for the press through their proxies. This isn’t a trial in a US courthouse. It’s more of a dog and pony show. Different rules. It has nothing to do with the 200 year old document. The parties involved really don’t five a flying **** about that except when they claim for the cameras in dramatic fassion, that they’re defending or upholding it.

EVERY presidential impeachment will be a “dog and pony show.” And it absolutely has quite a bit to do with the AMBIGUOUS language from a 200+ year old document. One side says it’s been violated, the other it hasn’t.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    EVERY presidential impeachment will be a “dog and pony show.” And it absolutely has quite a bit to do with the AMBIGUOUS language from a 200+ year old document. One side says it’s been violated, the other it hasn’t.

And this type of shenanigan impeachment was a big concern of the founders...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Make the required paperwork to get IDs free, allow any government issued photo ID to apply, and add more polling stations, and I would agree with requiring IDs to vote. The second one, for some reason, seems to be a issue for Republicans.

https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state

Indiana will issue a free state photo ID card, as will a lot of other states. The problem the majority of the states that do not require are Demo strongholds, IE California, New York, Illinois, the majority of the upper northeast.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state

Indiana will issue a free state photo ID card, as will a lot of other states. The problem the majority of the states that do not require are Demo strongholds, IE California, New York, Illinois, the majority of the upper northeast.

It’s not as simple as saying “you can get the id for free.” You can’t just walk in, have your picture taken, and walk out with an Id.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And this type of shenanigan impeachment was a big concern of the founders...

Im not so sure. Impeachment was recognized by the founders as a political device. A lot of times, we romanticize the era of the Founding Fathers, as if they had it all figured out. Politicians of the day were just as petty and vicious as any other time in American political history.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Big 10-4 on this

Agreed. There have been barcodes on college IDs, at least since I was in college, and they contained all that relevant information.

Students ID are not linked to a state government database. The cry of voter suppression has been loud from democrats for eons, from the hardship of obtaining it, cost, transportation to/from even the inconvenience of having to stand on line. the river of tears flows deep on this.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It’s not as simple as saying “you can get the id for free.” You can’t just walk in, have your picture taken, and walk out with an Id.

Actually the ID process is fairly simple, you can walk in get your picture taken be given a TEMPORARY ID card whick is acceptable for voting until the permanent card is mailed to you.

https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2625.htm

How much easier do you want it, pickup service at your door, driven to the BMV and dropped back off at your door.

OH SNAP, wait a sec, democrats already provide this service, except it's to ferry the fraudulent voters to the pols and back. :rofl:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Im not so sure. Impeachment was recognized by the founders as a political device. A lot of times, we romanticize the era of the Founding Fathers, as if they had it all figured out. Politicians of the day were just as petty and vicious as any other time in American political history.

Maybe. I'm one of those who think they had a lot of it (maybe not all) figured out. I don't think they were anywhere near as petty as today's clowns. They seemed to sincerely care about the country they were forming. I can't say that anymore. They got the whole constitution with preamble and amendments on about 20 typed pages. There is just no conceivable way that could ever happen again. Even the owner's manual for my truck is four or five times that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And neither really gives a flying **** about the 200 year old document.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Indiana was taken to court over its ID law. Ruling was that Indiana’s voter ID requirement is good to go.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And neither really gives a flying **** about the 200 year old document.
    The saddest fact in the entire matter.

But, at least one side doesn’t claim a right to housing, a right to healthcare, a right to pedophilia, a right to kill unborn babies, a right to tuition fees... I think you get the point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually the ID process is fairly simple, you can walk in get your picture taken be given a TEMPORARY ID card whick is acceptable for voting until the permanent card is mailed to you.

https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2625.htm

How much easier do you want it, pickup service at your door, driven to the BMV and dropped back off at your door.

OH SNAP, wait a sec, democrats already provide this service, except it's to ferry the fraudulent voters to the pols and back. :rofl:

Sorry, it isn’t that simple. You’re going to need other documents to get that ID. You don’t just walk in say “I’m so and so,” and walk out with a piece of paper that allows you to vote. Specifically, proof of identity, social security, and residency.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sorry, it isn’t that simple. You’re going to need other documents to get that ID. You don’t just walk in say “I’m so and so,” and walk out with a piece of paper that allows you to vote. Specifically, proof of identity, social security, and residency.

Yep, just proof you meet the requirements as little as they are to vote...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom