• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    What is with some people charging extra for items if you are a non site supporter. Don't understand the principle behind that. What do you care if I am a site supporter or not. My money is the same color. This site supporter non site supporter stuff is a little out of control. But whatever. Guess my money won't go to the people who are going to charge extra. No loss. Just my two cents.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    What is with some people charging extra for items if you are a non site supporter. Don't understand the principle behind that. What do you care if I am a site supporter or not. My money is the same color. This site supporter non site supporter stuff is a little out of control. But whatever. Guess my money won't go to the people who are going to charge extra. No loss. Just my two cents.

OMG somebody call 911 we need a whaaaaaaambulance!!!!!:D

Several of us do this now it is to encourage more people to become site supporters, we happen to enjoy this site and wanna see it stick around.

If $10 is going to bankrupt you maybe you shouldn't be looking in the classifieds to begin with..:ingo:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

FYI - I don't believe it's "charging extra" more than giving a
    "discount" to site supporters. Just a thank you and an
    encouragement to people to become site supporters.

There is not a non supporter tax.

Someone might post an ad and say "$325.00 or will sell for $300 if you have red hair and a eye patch" - maybe they just like pirates.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Kinda like those places that give "discounts" if you pay cash, because they can't legally add a surcharge for credit card users...

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Just look at their discount to a site supporter as them paying the cost of the site support ya know? Kinda like paying a little for a free ad.

Hopefully you as a non-site supporter are not paying too much for the item. Most people charge a fair price and knock it DOWN for supporters as opposed to what jewelry and shoe stores do (because women fall for it) and mark things up 60% before giving a 50% off sale.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie

There is not a non supporter tax.

Someone might post an ad and say "$325.00 or will sell for $300 if you have red hair and a eye patch" - maybe they just like pirates.

This is NOt a non supporter site?? What? Love this site and have loved since I joined back when it was much smaller. But I wasn't a financial supporter then and I will never be. I enjoy it as a free site. When it becomes a member only or supporter only site I will move on I promise. But I think there is still hope that it won't.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not a site supporter (monitarily yet anyway) and I don't have a problem with this practice at all. They can give discounts to whomever they choose. Site Supporters are a perfectly logical and fair choice.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

They have the right to make such charges if they wish. I've chosen not to be a site supporter, because I choose to direct what little spare money I have to organizations that support and fight for Constitutional rights, and I do not think a site that prohibits criticism of LEOs and other government agents/agencies with the potential to destroy our rights is one that is willing to fight for our rights. I clearly enjoy this site, and do not think their "pro-LEO comments only" stance is necessarily a bad one, but it limits their usefulness as a "rights" site, so it's not one I choose to support with cash. The founder has stated that he regards support through contributing as important, also, so hopefully I make up for it a little that way. Nothing is to be construed as me being unhappy or disliking this site, far from it. I love it, and the folks I've met on it.

If some folks wish to try to charge me more because of my feelings on the matter, that is their absolute right. I will simply refuse to buy from them, as is my right. If I need or want something they are selling, it will be available elsewhere.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is NOt a non supporter site?? What? Love this site and have loved since I joined back when it was much smaller. But I wasn't a financial supporter then and I will never be. I enjoy it as a free site. When it becomes a member only or supporter only site I will move on I promise. But I think there is still hope that it won't.

Is this the quote you are referring to? "There is not a non supporter tax."

:dunno:

Reread my post and let me know where the confusion is. I will
    attempt to clarify if you still don't understand.

Again I "believe" the spirit behind the discount is one of a thank you to supporters.
    I don't think someone is jacking the price UP for non supporters.

It's kind of a customer loyalty thing. I have low prices, some of the lowest around,
    but I will further discount for a customer buying a lot of merchandise or a
    recurring customer, someone that I have done business with for years that sends me a lot of work.
    Again I'm not screwing the guy off the street because my prices are already the lowest
    90% of the time and if I get beat I'll match it.

Last edited:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    They have the right to make such charges if they wish. I've chosen not to be a site supporter, because I choose to direct what little spare money I have to organizations that support and fight for Constitutional rights, and I do not think a site that prohibits criticism of LEOs and other government agents/agencies with the potential to destroy our rights is one that is willing to fight for our rights. I clearly enjoy this site, and do not think their "pro-LEO comments only" stance is necessarily a bad one, but it limits their usefulness as a "rights" site, so it's not one I choose to support with cash. The founder has stated that he regards support through contributing as important, also, so hopefully I make up for it a little that way. Nothing is to be construed as me being unhappy or disliking this site, far from it. I love it, and the folks I've met on it.

If some folks wish to try to charge me more because of my feelings on the matter, that is their absolute right. I will simply refuse to buy from them, as is my right. If I need or want something they are selling, it will be available elsewhere.

When has this been a pro-leo site? Seems like every other day there is a member complaining about an incident related to an officer over stepping their authority. You should be able to find some on here Carry Issues and Self Defense - INGunOwners

Not to mention if you dont like the way the message board is that can be changed, the culture of an organization is determined by its members.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Either way who really cares lol. I find it incredibly amusing how all you grown men get all flustered over childish drama and bull :poop:... If ya wanna get upset about something try looking at something worth while like how we lose more rights everyday, or how we are building a deficit that our children's, children's children will still be paying off. Come on guys WTF this is silly chit...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gosh! Folks are touchy about random stuff arent they? Okay, if a non-supporter buys my next item, I will have a higher price for non-supporter, but will buy them a supporter membership with the difference. Okay? Everyone happy? :D

I charge a slightly higher situation to nonsupporters because I can and want to give a deal to those who want to help out the boards. Dont want to help out the board (the board that I dearly love and wish the best for)? TS! :D

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Myself i always thought being a part of this forum was support .
    passing on knowledge was support ?

being involved with threads was support ?

To be honest i have pretty much just decided to stay out of the classifieds for awhile until all the :poop: settles down ..

I have a few pieces id like to sell and could use the money , and i have seen a few things id like to maybe trade for , but with everyone carrying on over the classifieds and the whole send $10 :poop: i have just decided to just browse and not use ..

As i have stated in many other threads I use all of this sight , try to pass info if i get it and try to get info if i need it .
    I wouldn't really care if the classifieds dissapear totally , i would still be here just as i am now .

:twocents::patriot:

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    If you can afford to own expensive toys, sell expensive toys, buy more expensive toys at a good price, then you can afford to throw $10 to a site to helps you do so.

Top Bottom