• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm with chezuki. Very good for the dad to step up and check to make sure all was well. And by default, take responsibility. Glad all was well.
    Reminds me of a time when a guy I know shot his work truck with an AK, and then had to tell his boss about it. mmmm... Tasty.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Joking aside,this pic is disturbing. Why would you keep something like this around?

To be clear, PHOTO FOUND ON GOOGLE, not taken, or kept, by me! :rolleyes:

I couldn't resist giving Nick a hard time about doing the dishes, ESPECIALLY since everybody was O.K.

AND, I do believe that offending HK/Benelli should be held for evidence for at least 1 year, maybe longer! :D

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Glad you are OK!

Enjoyed meeting you @ Friday night Steel. Didn't know how how close that came to never happening until I listened to you telling about this NG last night.

PS: You told the tale with somewhat more good humor than I think I might have managed. :@ya:

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    I'm not clear on what was going on at the sending end of the ND.

This guy and son were outside, 50' from your house, handling loaded weapons w/ rounds chambered, with fingers on the trigger & safety off, shoving them into cases to go to the range? I'm missing a key piece of data or two. I think I would have wanted to see the hole in the gun case.

I realize mistakes happen - we are human. I'm curious as to why the father permitted weapons to be at condition 1 handled in such a manner and to be transported in condition 1.

I'm speaking from ignorance, but this makes me wonder if someone was doing some "dry" fire practice that was not so dry afterall ...

Thank you for sharing this ... I hope I've learned from this mistake.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    From what I understand, the shotgun was "cruiser ready", which was a mistake to begin with, and was supposed to be bagged. The young man saw that the mag tube was full and decided to unload the gun. Him not being totally proficient with firearms, he tried to unload the gun by cycling the action a bunch of times. Evidently his finger was on the trigger and the ND happened.

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    Thank you.

I appreciate you sharing this story. Examples of ND's are helpful/needed to reinforce the safety rules. Even after 3+ decades around firearms, I continue to appreciate how much I can improve on my personal conduct. We all have room to improve and be more safe.

I had a person put a 9mm round in the ground about 18" from my left foot last September as this person was standing 3 feet directly to my left on the line. Luckily no fragments hit anyone.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    From what I understand, the shotgun was "cruiser ready", which was a mistake to begin with, and was supposed to be bagged. The young man saw that the mag tube was full and decided to unload the gun. Him not being totally proficient with firearms, he tried to unload the gun by cycling the action a bunch of times. Evidently his finger was on the trigger and the ND happened.

Sounds to me like it could have been a sticky firing pin as well. I think there are at least a few members (paging Kirk Freeman) who can attest to that.

I'd be curious to see what the primer strike looks like.

Glad everyone is OK.

Best,

Joe

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow, I thought I was experiencing a moment of dejavu, and I was about to hit the search feature to find out which INGO member this happened to earlier this year... then I looked at the date. :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    ND's when you are on the barrel side are FRIGHTENING! Glad you are OK. (I know it was a long time ago, but my first time reading)

I was on the business end of a ND once... one of the worst experiences of my life. Kept me from buying a firearm for a LONG time. (I was in HS)

Top Bottom