Exclusive Ruger MKIII, Fire or Keep Virgin??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I got this MKIII Hunter Distributor's Exclusive as an up-grade replacement for a plastic frame MKIII that Ruger couldn't fix. My delima is, should I keep this as a collector's item in virgin condition or should I go to the range and have fun with it. I so want to just shoot it but also don't want to waist an opportunity to keep something that might have some real value. I've got lots of 9mm to have fun with so it is not my only firearm.

Now some with say I should have bought a Browning Bush....something but I've all ready been told that, thank you very much. Are Distributor Exclusives real or just hype. Anybody have expericene with them? What are your opinions on keeping guns virgin. I think I'm opening a can of worms here but willing for all comments. Thanks

picture.php

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can not say anything for dealer exclusives. However I do have a limited edition 1/1000 Coast Guard 92FS. I shoot it, and will continue to shoot it. It may go up in value, but it will never part me. I say shoot it. It's a gun, and you only live once.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    would you buy a car and not drive it? would you buy a stove and not cook on it? would you buy a CD and not listen to it? would you buy fine china and never eat on it?

SHOOT IT! why would you own a gun that didnt bring you any enjoyment on the range....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think Simon6101, our Ruger rimfire guru, has a couple different distributor exclusives, and he shoots the bejeezus out of them.

I had a GSSF 10th Anniversary Edition Glock once upon a time, and it was my competition gun.

Shoot it.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My wife has a couple of Talo North american arms revolvers that are 1 of 500 , they have never been shot nor will they ever be shot ..

However If it were my gun no matter how rare or how collectable it were I'd have to hear it go BANG atleast once ...:rockwoot:

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I know this guy who makes cases. He's at the 1500. Maybe you could commission him to make a really cool display case. I hear he does cases really quick and is big on customer service. Then again, you might just want to keep it locked away from prying eyes.

As for the shoot/no shoot question... do what you feel is right.

I'm thinking I hear gunfire in your future.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I got this MKIII Hunter Distributor's Exclusive as an up-grade replacement for a plastic frame MKIII that Ruger couldn't fix. My delima is, should I keep this as a collector's item in virgin condition or should I go to the range and have fun with it. I so want to just shoot it but also don't want to waist an opportunity to keep something that might have some real value. I've got lots of 9mm to have fun with so it is not my only firearm.

Now some with say I should have bought a Browning Bush....something but I've all ready been told that, thank you very much. Are Distributor Exclusives real or just hype. Anybody have expericene with them? What are your opinions on keeping guns virgin. I think I'm opening a can of worms here but willing for all comments. Thanks

picture.php

Buy a regular one, and if you like that one enough then keep this one.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I don't worry about shooting anything until they stop making them. Last I heard, they're still making MKIII's. So . . . shoot it. Just my :twocents:.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    There is nothing special about Distributor Exclusives. What that means is that the particular weapon is built only for a certain distributor/wholesaler. It is a way the manufacturer pats the back of the distributor.

There is no reason to not shoot that weapon.

Top Bottom