Excluding Deer rifles on PUBLIC LAND for 5 yrs is Bogus Man!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, you're right. It is the law. I'm just stating that I don't think it's right (in a philosophical sense).

...and there's nothing wrong with trying to get a law changed.

As to the rifle thing thing on public land, I think letting the new law be in place for a at least a season before agitating for changes may be a more wise approach. Methinks limiting it to private land was a compromise necessary to get it out of committee and (or get the votes) and when it is clear the world didn't come to an end during the 2016 dear season, further reforms may be in order.

...but As to who owns the wildlife, Ind. Code 14-22-1-1 and 6-1.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Seed, sorry, dude, that's the law.

I hate being the cold bucket of truth on INGO, but Title 14 clearly states that all game critters belong to the State of Indiana.

The deer belong to the State, until they eat your crops or crash through your windshield. Then they become Gods creatures.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Glad we're back to medieval times where the king owns the game animals and rules over who may hunt and eat them. Just because something is law doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean you shouldn't complain about it and try to make it right.

I can understand where you are coming from, but look at it this way. The state is the people of the state not a king, the governor,or the legislature but the whole of the people of the state, the animals belong to the people of the state. We elect representatives to set the rules on regard to our communal property the animals.

Yes, you're right. It is the law. I'm just stating that I don't think it's right (in a philosophical sense).

As I stated above I can understand your viewpoint.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    ...and there's nothing wrong with trying to get a law changed.

As to the rifle thing thing on public land, I think letting the new law be in place for a at least a season before agitating for changes may be a more wise approach. Methinks limiting it to private land was a compromise necessary to get it out of committee and (or get the votes) and when it is clear the world didn't come to an end during the 2016 dear season, further reforms may be in order.

...but As to who owns the wildlife, Ind. Code 14-22-1-1 and 6-1.

Agree….but its a 5 year program that the DNR will be watching so don't see any soon changes for public land. Most likely a compromise though as you may have a bunch of hunters very close to each other on public land with rifles that shoot much farther than shotguns so most likely more a concern than a guy on his own 100 acre woods.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Nope.....so much nope.

If you don't have a safe line of fire where you know nobody is behind it, you should NOT be taking a shot.

And it's not about safety. Don't kid yourself. Guns kill. Doesn't matter if it's a 358 hoosier bullet or a 308 win bullet.

"Guns kill." REALLY, we're back to that ? !

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Agree….but its a 5 year program that the DNR will be watching so don't see any soon changes for public land. Most likely a compromise though as you may have a bunch of hunters very close to each other on public land with rifles that shoot much farther than shotguns so most likely more a concern than a guy on his own 100 acre woods.

But I read a response to my comment to this effect that it has nothing to do with safety. After all, I am sure that EVERYONE hunting on public land is well aware of the location of each and every other person out there hunting. Also, I expect there are many trees out there...those make excellent backstops.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom