• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A Minnesota man shot and killed two teenagers that broke into his home on Thanksgiving. He waited until Friday to call the police because he didn't want to bother them on a holiday.

I think this is a prime example of why you need a lawyer before you talk to police.

Minn. man says he 'fired more shots than I needed' - Yahoo! News

Here's a quote from the police complaint against him:
    After shooting her with both the Mini 14 and the .22-caliber revolver, he dragged her next to Brady. With her still gasping for air, he fired a shot under her chin "up into the cranium," the complaint says.

"Smith described it as 'a good clean finishing shot,'" according to the complaint.

Ummmm.... is this guy another candidate for the Darwin Awards?

shannonneumann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Wow. I'm all for being able to defend your home and property, but this guy does nothing but give the left ammunition (so to speak) to use against us and our rights.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    He was so wrong for doing this, he will be convicted at least for the death of the woman. There is no way you take a kill shot on someone that is down.

On another note:
    Funny how they called them teenagers in this story, where they would be called man or woman in other situations (for example if they would have killed him). The media bias at work.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If the events transpired as they were written about in this article, Smith needs to go to jail for a very long time.

After shooting her with both the Mini 14 and the .22-caliber revolver, he dragged her next to Brady. With her still gasping for air, he fired a shot under her chin "up into the cranium," the complaint says.

"Smith described it as 'a good clean finishing shot,'" according to the complaint.

If this isn't some form of murder, I don't know what is.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Did he take it a little far on the second intruder? YES! But I think both parties are/were a few short of a six pack. After hearing gun shots in the basement, why in the world would you go check(on drugs maybe) if you are the one who broke in??? Stupid kids now days...Not sure what to say about the guy just thinking what he did was ok..

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    It would be interesting and not surprising to hear they all previously knew eachother and the whole break in was staged, I do find it quite odd he waited tomake sure they were expired, therefore unable to speak before he took any actionin contacting authorities.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    are you sure this wasn't from the Onion?
    Huffinton Post, UPI, WPTV, SeeMyDeath.com and various other websites are reporting it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Hai...i60QHylIHgCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAA&biw=1264&bih=811

Pics of the 2 people that broke in here:
    Man_Charged_in_Murder_of_Little_Falls_Teens.jpg

thumbnail.php

Based on the OP's article the sister of the guy says that the girl stole prescrittion meds from her house. Police say a report was filed about the theft but can not comment due to on-going investigation.

So it looks like perhaps the 2 people broken in looking for drugs (prescrption meds) to steal.

In terms of firearms/caliber looks like the 5.56 is a weak round since it did not kill the guy. Took a .22 to do that.

Wonder if the 5.56 left the body (over-penetration) or not. :dunno:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    They were committing a felony. Who knows this guy might have saved someones life down the road.

It does look like he executed the girl though. This guy sounds like he is a little.... cant put my finger on it. All the more reason not to break in his house....

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This story raises my suspicions that more was involved than a "break-in." Perhaps a drug deal gone bad, but our friend the shooter is definitely three bricks short of a full load.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The root cause of the problem is two people breaking and entering and attempting to steal from this man a second time. Never would have happened if they weren't there in the first place.He went too far though. way, way too far.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I'm sure that "ongoing investigation" is now probably closed.

As much as I'm in favor of folks defending their homes, the actions of this admitted cretin goes some distance over the top.

He'll "enjoy" the comforts of his change of living style.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    This should be a lesson to all those crazies that will break into a home without knowing what is inside. There just might be someone crazier than you are waiting.

Funniest comment ever.

Top Bottom