• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He was a Kenyan national at birth through his father. Do you have any cites that he has renounced his citizenship? If not, then referring to him as Kenyan is accurate.

It was his step-grandmother. And it wasn't quite immediately corrected.

Per his bio (which I believe are approved by the author of the book) in a promotional brochure for his first book, it describes him as being born in Kenya.

I don't get into all the birther stuff. Whether or not he was born in Kenya, I've considered him a citizen by virtue of his mother's citizenship.

But I've always wondered the reason Obama refused to release school records. Did he apply as a foreign student to get bumped up on the list? It was my understanding that he wasn't exactly a terrific student. How did he get in? I think the press largely dropped the ball in vetting Obama in 2008 because they were utterly smitten by him. I don't know that if we saw his school records we'd find anything to really care about. But since there is the question, they should have pushed for an answer as fervently as they pushed for Romney's tax records 4 years later. I get the feeling the press didn't push for it because they were afraid they'd have to report what was in it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't get into all the birther stuff. Whether or not he was born in Kenya, I've considered him a citizen by virtue of his mother's citizenship.

This ends the argument under US law.

But I've always wondered the reason Obama refused to release school records. Did he apply as a foreign student to get bumped up on the list? It was my understanding that he wasn't exactly a terrific student. How did he get in? I think the press largely dropped the ball in vetting Obama in 2008 because they were utterly smitten by him. I don't know that if we saw his school records we'd find anything to really care about. But since there is the question, they should have pushed for an answer as fervently as they pushed for Romney's tax records 4 years later. I get the feeling the press didn't push for it because they were afraid they'd have to report what was in it.

He was "eligible" but totally unqualified, The press only "vets" conservatives.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Per the law at the time of his birth, his mother was unable to pass citizenship to him (Jus Sanguinis). If he was born in the US he would have been a citizen through Jus Soli.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Why apologize? the bombings worked. The Japanese surrendered and we did not have to roll right into a full scale war with the Soviets.

I think we needed the reds to see that we had this weapon and it worked and we were willing to use it. By the time we got the nukes operational, there was only one country left we could make an example of without starting another mess. It was just icing on the cake that the example was a nation that had such a track record of barbarity of the peoples they conquered, that had severely mistreated their prisoners of war, and that had brought us into the whole war in the first place by sucker punching us at Pearl Harbor.

They started a fight with us and we made an example of them. I do not think we had to nuke Japan to end the war with them, but I also do not think we were wrong in doing it. They hit us first. Let people see what happens when you do that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why apologize? the bombings worked. The Japanese surrendered and we did not have to roll right into a full scale war with the Soviets.

I think we needed the reds to see that we had this weapon and it worked and we were willing to use it. By the time we got the nukes operational, there was only one country left we could make an example of without starting another mess. It was just icing on the cake that the example was a nation that had such a track record of barbarity of the peoples they conquered, that had severely mistreated their prisoners of war, and that had brought us into the whole war in the first place by sucker punching us at Pearl Harbor.

They started a fight with us and we made an example of them. I do not think we had to nuke Japan to end the war with them, but I also do not think we were wrong in doing it. They hit us first. Let people see what happens when you do that.

One of the great follies of the 20th Century....

Kut (liked Patton's idea)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As can I.... but don't insult the Stooges. Riders of the Apocalypse seems like a better description. I think these two are Pestilence and Famine.... not sure where the other two are.

My apologies. I did not think that through.
    But, there are 4 horseman. So I did not equate the 3 contenders with 4 horsemen.

Top Bottom