• ...and so much more!
  • fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    OK, FPDs' Here we go.

We purchased our home (June 05') with the knowledge that the residence next door was a rental property. That's fine. ( We rented a few doors south before our purchase).

Come the 4th we realized our neighbor and his drunken associates had acquired artillery simulators (I have used artillery simulators and am quite familiar with the flash and sound.) Ok, it's the 4th of July. That's fine.

But, come the 5th-16th this is getting a little old, especially at 11PM-2AM.

Finally, tired of the windows shaking, flashes across the walls of our bedroom, dogs barking, and my wife complaining, I ask the neighbor if he could reserve his new entertainment to the weekend. "Sure, No problem." He replies.

That weekend, the river is bathed in the glorious krump and flash of simulated war. OK.

Monday night, as I lay my head to my pillow listening to my neighbor and his buddies, a flash illuminates the room, followed by the all too familiar BOOM!

Jesus! Knowing better than to enter their drunken revelries, I choose to call FPD and ask them for assistance and provide them with all of my information and my neighbors address. "We will send a patrol car to your location." She replies.

No car, Flash and Bang continues.

Next night, repeat process.

No car, Flash and Bang continues.

Come Friday I have had my fill. I call FPD, relate the previous calls, and the on-going problem. I proceed to inform dispatch that I will handle the issue on my own, and thank her for her efforts.

Less than five minutes pass before FPD arrives in MY driveway with bells and whistles.

Of course the drunkards next door observed the show and retreated without being observed.:rockwoot:

Months pass, the tenant is booted, but takes up residence south of me.
    His passion for flash and bang continued, until I finally handled his issue in person during one of his fire missions.:patriot:

When did thid happen?
    What street do you live on (not the address, just the name so I can verify this is on Fishers and not the county)?
    Did you give your address or your neighbors address?

I would like some additional info so I can research this to better reply.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    They were definitely wrong on that aspect. I do find the opinion that police should not be required to follow the law to be somewhat odd.

Were you told this by an officer or by the secetary?

If this was 01-05 time frame, and the front desk receptionist was the one providing answers, then that explains a lot.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    FPD has been nothing but good to me. Got my LTCH with absolutely no problems there. A week ago brought my form 4s. The nice lady at the front desk finger printed me. No charge. Chief had my papers signed in a day or two and I got a prompt call letting me know I could come in at my convenience and pick them up.

I've also been pulled over by FPD going too fast in a school zone. Got a ticket and had to go to court cause of the school zone. Pain in the ass. Ya I was going too fast. Lesson learned.

I've had the chance to meet a bunch of the officers there and all of the ones I've met are good people.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Ultimately, permits are up to the Superintendent of the ISP whether or not to approve.

Having said that, the process is actually 2 'approvals'. The first comes from your local PD (which is their 'recommendation' as to whether or not you should receive your LTCH). Even if they 'recommend' that you do NOT receive it, with Indiana being a 'shall issue' state, you better fail the background check or the ISP will give it.

I thought this would all be a cut and dry process.

I had a hell of a time getting my LTCH. I am a Florida resident/Indiana resident (6 mos in each state). I am registered to vote in Indiana, have a permanent residence here, etc. but the county sheriff's office told me they would not issue me a LTCH based on me having a Florida DL.

I informed them that I have Florida tags on my vehicles and having an IN driver license would render my auto tags illegal. For this reason, I chose to plate, register and title all my vehicles in Florida.

I was able to get the sheriff involved. He pulled me into his office, we went over all of my documentation, and we called the ISP superintendent right from his office. Everything was legal beagle and what I described above is what the ISP told me while on speakerphone in the sheriff's office.

I was told that the local police must make a recommendation either way, but ultimately, ISP is going to approve it if you meet the criteria they set in the legislature.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    OK, FPDs' Here we go.

We purchased our home (June 05') with the knowledge that the residence next door was a rental property. That's fine. ( We rented a few doors south before our purchase).
    snip for brevity

For future reference, instead of calling the cops, video the problems, and call the landlord. If the landlord doesn't solve the issue, call the landlord and point out that you have the right to quiet (doesn't have anything to do with noise) enjoyment of your property, and he is interfering with that. You'd hate to start filing suits for every late night incident of this nature... but you gotta sleep.

There's really only so much the cops can do, but as a civil matter the landlord can have a bit more oomph.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Just to add. I never meant to accuse or slander the Fishers PD but was just pointing out the inaccuracy of their web site. For all I know it may had been developed by some office worker or lawyer) In my opinion this either shows ignorance of the law by the person writing the information, or a general attitude the FPD has towards LTCH holders. Let us not forget the issues we have had recently in Terre Haute and Evansville.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    For future reference, instead of calling the cops, video the problems, and call the landlord. If the landlord doesn't solve the issue, call the landlord and point out that you have the right to quiet (doesn't have anything to do with noise) enjoyment of your property, and he is interfering with that. You'd hate to start filing suits for every late night incident of this nature... but you gotta sleep.

There's really only so much the cops can do, but as a civil matter the landlord can have a bit more oomph.

I did attempt to contact the land owner and left messages on his answering machine during this activity. No response.

I used the appropriate resources in what I believe is the correct order.

Spoke with the neighbor; respectfully asking him to "Please don't do this through the week (family works, bothers the pets, scares the daughter..)"

Contacted land owner.

Contacted FPD.

Finally, firm conversation with neighbor, at late hour, with audience of other disgruntled neighbors.

PM's FPD here about this old issue; maybe need to call County for assistance in the future.

OK, enough about my ailments!

Back to topic.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    I did attempt to contact the land owner and left messages on his answering machine during this activity. No response.

I used the appropriate resources in what I believe is the correct order.

Spoke with the neighbor; respectfully asking him to "Please don't do this through the week (family works, bothers the pets, scares the daughter..)"

Contacted land owner.

Contacted FPD.

Finally, firm conversation with neighbor, at late hour, with audience of other disgruntled neighbors.

PM's FPD here about this old issue; maybe need to call County for assistance in the future.

OK, enough about my ailments!

Back to topic.

After recieving your PM about this with the information I asked for here is the same response that I sent you. I also wanted it posted here for all to see for some obvious reasons.

Enjoy:

Based on the information you provided to me, your house lives outside of Fishers jurisdiction. Your house lies in territory covered by the Hamilton County Sheriff's Dept. The HCSD would have been the agency to respond to this complaint. Any issues you have about their response or lack of services need to be directed to that agency, not the Fishers PD.

The HCSD handles all our dispatch calls. Any calls made during business hours to the direct line at our PD get handled by our PD if they are administrative in nature. If it is a call that would require a police response, those calls would be routed to the HCSD communications center. Since your call was made well after business hours (11pm) then you would have called the HCSD communications center. They would then dispatch a deputy to your area.

Depending on the call volume, especially given the holiday weekend, fireworks complaints are a very low priority call. If they were busy they simply might not have had the manpower or time to respond to a fireworks complaint if they were dealing with something more serious.

If you did not recieve the level of service that you believe you should have, then by all means address it. But please stop insulting Fishers "finest" (your own words) when we had nothing to do with your situation. :chillout:

Chris

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    After recieving your PM about this with the information I asked for here is the same response that I sent you. I also wanted it posted here for all to see for some obvious reasons.

Enjoy:

Based on the information you provided to me, your house lives outside of Fishers jurisdiction. Your house lies in territory covered by the Hamilton County Sheriff's Dept. The HCSD would have been the agency to respond to this complaint. Any issues you have about their response or lack of services need to be directed to that agency, not the Fishers PD.

The HCSD handles all our dispatch calls. Any calls made during business hours to the direct line at our PD get handled by our PD if they are administrative in nature. If it is a call that would require a police response, those calls would be routed to the HCSD communications center. Since your call was made well after business hours (11pm) then you would have called the HCSD communications center. They would then dispatch a deputy to your area.

Depending on the call volume, especially given the holiday weekend, fireworks complaints are a very low priority call. If they were busy they simply might not have had the manpower or time to respond to a fireworks complaint if they were dealing with something more serious.

If you did not recieve the level of service that you believe you should have, then by all means address it. But please stop insulting Fishers "finest" (your own words) when we had nothing to do with your situation. :chillout:

XXXX

Thank you for researching this XXXX,

I will pass this information along to my neighbors as we often have issues with renters, landlords, vacant homes on our street, as well as passionate people sexing-up under the bridge.

What designates our location as County?
    Seems strange when we are 3 minutes from town hall.

Were you here for the river rescue of the three boys last spring? We may have met on our side of the bank.

No insult intended, just venting frustration over my experience with FPD.

You had nothing to do with these instances, maybe that is the problem.

Sharek

Last edited:
    Top Bottom