0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    ... Indiana State Police approved LTCH

From the Fishers Indiana web page

Town of Fishers | Gun Permits

Gun Permits

Gun Permit Application Process

The Fishers Police Department will assist you with your application for a permit to carry a handgun in the State of Indiana.

The application process is as follows:

• If you are a resident of the Town of Fishers you must come to the Fishers Police Department to complete an application and fingerprint card.Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm.
    • A four (4) year license is $40.00 ($10.00 cash or check payable to the Fishers Police Department when you come in to fill out the application and a $30.00 money order or certified check made payable to the State of Indiana when you send your approved application to the Indiana State Police).
    • A Lifetime license is $125.00 ($50.00 cash or check payable to the Fishers Police Department when you come in to fill out the application and a $75.00 money order or certified check made payable to the State of Indiana when you send your approved application to the Indiana State Police).
    • If you are RENEWING your application and the current license has not expired there is a price difference for the Lifetime application.It will be $40.00 cash or check made payable to the Fishers Police Department when you come in to fill out the application and a $60.00 money order or certified check made payable to the State of Indiana when you send your approved application to the Indiana State Police.
    • Your application will be held at the Fishers Police Department for seven working days pending an internal records check.
    • If approved, you may pick up your application and a pre-addressed envelope at the Fishers Police Department.You will then mail your application, fingerprint card, money order or certified check to the Indiana State Police.
    • You will receive you permit from the State of Indiana in six (6) to eight (8) weeks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You still have to get the local PD's sign-off. If that's not an approval, what would you call it?

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Scutter01

You are incorrect. You do not have to have the local PD "sign off". The only information the local PD can offer is the reason they feel you should not get a LTCH. It is totally up to ISP to accept or reject the application.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I am not a fan of the Fishers Police Department.

For years I would renew my CC permit before the old one expired, so as not to have a lapse in liscense.

When I moved to Fishers, and my permit was six months out, I went to the police department to file.

They responded that I would not be able to submit paperwork until the old one expired.

After the permit expired, I returned to go through the process, then waited another week to go get my "permission slip". In the folder that contained my application was also a document from the "Chief" expounding on the cons of gun ownership and the question of the nessessity firearms in our well protected city.

I should have saved said document, but was so disgusted by the generated red tape, I threw it away.

Did I mention the city's "finest" and their response to my incedent with the drunken neighbors and their late night fireworks?
    That is another story.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

For years I would renew my CC permit before the old one expired, so as not to have a lapse in liscense.

When I moved to Fishers, and my permit was six months out, I went to the police department to file.

They responded that I would not be able to submit paperwork until the old one expired.

After the permit expired, I returned to go through the process, then waited another week to go get my "permission slip". In the folder that contained my application was also a document from the "Chief" expounding on the cons of gun ownership and the question of the nessessity firearms in our well protected city.

I should have saved said document, but was so disgusted by the generated red tape, I threw it away.

Did I mention the city's "finest" and their response to my incedent with the drunken neighbors and their late night fireworks?
    That is another story.

I do not know when you moved to Fishers, nor if you will still have to renew vs having gotten the Lifetime LTCH, however: If they told you what you said above, you could have fought that under current law, which ceases prohibiting renewal at 180 days prior to expiration.

If this is helpful to you, great. If not, hopefully it will be helpful to someone else out there as well.

Word to the wise: Take a copy of the state statute with you when you go to renew. :oldwise:

Blessings,
    Bill

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    That is another story.[/quote]

By all means, go ahead. Better yet, start a new thread so as to not thread-jack the OP's.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I do not know when you moved to Fishers, nor if you will still have to renew vs having gotten the Lifetime LTCH, however: If they told you what you said above, you could have fought that under current law, which ceases prohibiting renewal at 180 days prior to expiration.

If this is helpful to you, great. If not, hopefully it will be helpful to someone else out there as well.

Word to the wise: Take a copy of the state statute with you when you go to renew. :oldwise:

Blessings,
    Bill

What I wrote is EXACTLY what I was told, and EXACTLY what happened.

This happened in 2001.

I am not sure if policy at Fishers Police Dept. has changed (Probably Not), but by all means, be aware and follow Bill's advice if it is correct.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Maybe I'm wrong...but

Maybe I'm wrong, but I actually think this is pretty cool.

I'm from Lake County, so a fairly democratic area...but they still have to play by the rules of Indiana.

For Hammond, the only mention of the permit process is is a phone number for 'Property/Gun Permits'. Once I called, all people I dealt with were nice and professional, but it's definetely not as publicized.

I think it's pretty nice that a PD outlines the process and fees right there for all their population to see. I know, I know...you can look up the process yourself (as I did), but still, it can't hurt to have the process outlined in another place.

I don't know how other PD's across other areas of the state do it, but in my eyes, verbage used aside, it seems like something good.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    While I agree with you, I still say it's just semantics.

Yep, and they are trying to communicate to the widest possible audience, in the simplest, clearest terms, and I think they have managed to do that, and get their meaning across. Not every permit holder out there is gung ho knowledgeable of the gun laws, and the intricacies of legalese.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What I wrote is EXACTLY what I was told, and EXACTLY what happened.

This happened in 2001.

I am not sure if policy at Fishers Police Dept. has changed (Probably Not), but by all means, be aware and follow Bill's advice if it is correct.

Under the old law, it was 60 days.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Fishers Police Dept. was great

I got my four year permit right after I moved to Fishers in the spring of 07' and had zero problems; filled out the paper work as instructed; paid my fee's and got my license in about a month. If you go in looking for problems I am sure you will find them. These people don't need a copy of the laws stuck in their faces; this does nothing but **** people off and you will be the loser in this game. :twocents:

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers

That is another story.

I'd like to hear your story.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I'd like to hear your story.

OK, FPDs' Here we go.

We purchased our home (June 05') with the knowledge that the residence next door was a rental property. That's fine. ( We rented a few doors south before our purchase).

Come the 4th we realized our neighbor and his drunken associates had acquired artillery simulators (I have used artillery simulators and am quite familiar with the flash and sound.) Ok, it's the 4th of July. That's fine.

But, come the 5th-16th this is getting a little old, especially at 11PM-2AM.

Finally, tired of the windows shaking, flashes across the walls of our bedroom, dogs barking, and my wife complaining, I ask the neighbor if he could reserve his new entertainment to the weekend. "Sure, No problem." He replies.

That weekend, the river is bathed in the glorious krump and flash of simulated war. OK.

Monday night, as I lay my head to my pillow listening to my neighbor and his buddies, a flash illuminates the room, followed by the all too familiar BOOM!

Jesus! Knowing better than to enter their drunken revelries, I choose to call FPD and ask them for assistance and provide them with all of my information and my neighbors address. "We will send a patrol car to your location." She replies.

No car, Flash and Bang continues.

Next night, repeat process.

No car, Flash and Bang continues.

Come Friday I have had my fill. I call FPD, relate the previous calls, and the on-going problem. I proceed to inform dispatch that I will handle the issue on my own, and thank her for her efforts.

Less than five minutes pass before FPD arrives in MY driveway with bells and whistles.

Of course the drunkards next door observed the show and retreated without being observed.:rockwoot:

Months pass, the tenant is booted, but takes up residence south of me.
    His passion for flash and bang continued, until I finally handled his issue in person during one of his fire missions.:patriot:

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Thanks for clarifying! :) Would that still have been arguable (and winnable?) given that they were saying it had to expire first?

Blessings,
    Bill

They were definitely wrong on that aspect. I do find the opinion that police should not be required to follow the law to be somewhat odd.

Top Bottom