• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I like NUTNFANCY but I cant listen to him. He is far too verbose. It takes him a minute to say what he could have said in 15 seconds. Sad to say that is why I didnt listen to much of the video.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I like NUTNFANCY but I cant listen to him. He is far too verbose. It takes him a minute to say what he could have said in 15 seconds. Sad to say that is why I didnt listen to much of the video.

I'm right there with you. Go to Toastmasters or something and learn how to communicate effectively.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    While he has become very very longwinded in his videos, he does have some good info. WROL, Sheepdog, Warrior Mindset, etc... Things to get you thinking. But, sometimes it takes me a day or two to get through the video because I fall asleep during them!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is kind of a "Sheepdog's Kobayashi Maru". If you don't get that, ask a Star Trek fan. Basicly, a no-win scenario. As for why there weren't <fill in demographic> people there? Let's look at what this was.

It was a midnight showing of a Hollywood blockbuster movie. Who are the people likely to attend such events. It's happening from midnight to almost 3:AM. Who are the people who will be there? Certainly not a lot of people who hold down 9-5s M-F. It's a comic book movie, that tends to draw in a younger crowd, teens and 20-somethings. Not a great proportion of these groups overlap with sheepdogs. It was only, what? 300 people? Why wasn't there at least one sheepdog there? That would have to be at least 0.3333% of that population (1:300). What's the proportion of CC/OCers in the American society? The cultural odds simply cuts against that.

Then, even if there were a sheepdog there, what's the odds that they could have done something about it? Even an elite "operator" could/would be subject to shock and disorientation by the sudden realization that acrid smoke is starting to fill the room and his lungs. The rapid reports of the AR-15 might be able to shock such a prepared person into action, but what action? It's dark. People are panicking. The movie soundtrack rolls on. People are running all over and being mowed down. How long did the shooting go on? Minutes? I think it could more easily be represented in seconds.

The only thing that stopped the carnage was the natural tendency of a beta mag to jam. No one, whether an armchair sheepdog or an able-bodied person who will hold the psychological scars the rest of their lives of having physicly survived the carnage, has the slightest basis on which to blame themselves for the lack of ability/opportunity to have done "something".

Top Bottom