• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't like it. I don't agree with it. However, it absolutely is both free speech and protected speech. This of course does not mean it is without consequences.

Every job I've ever seen has included the proverbial "Line 13" in the job description: "Other duties as assigned". The joker that did this, were I his manager, would find himself working with the groundskeepers or in the dishroom or somewhere equally repulsive to him (in short, anywhere he had no access to a computer or the public, and where any destructive misdeeds would be "destruction of government property".) He would also find, if I could do it legally, that his salary was reduced commensurate to his duties and his lackluster performance thereof. Finally, when he decided enough was enough and was ready to walk off the job, his job file would be permanently marked that he left without proper notice (if true) and that he was a "never rehire".

Try getting another job after that, bandana-face.

Blessings,
    Bill

Where ya been Bill? Great to have you back.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Since he was so enamored of forgeries, I would have a pro forge his paperwork joining The Marines and ship him off to Parris for a little attitude adjustment

Just make sure that he gets there in time for the sand fleas and the wonderful sun and humidity festival.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So the nearby College has contaminated the local community?

Bloomington = College = Hippies = ANTIFA

With many ANTIFA being from the professional student population, if you are a student at 34 and have attended college since 18 you are a professional student.

Look for increasing activity out of Antifa in the next few months as school starts up again the groups are getting desperate as a re-election of President Trump looms in the background.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So the nearby College has contaminated the local community?

Bloomington = College = Hippies = ANTIFA

With many ANTIFA being from the professional student population, if you are a student at 34 and have attended college since 18 you are a professional student.

Look for increasing activity out of Antifa in the next few months as school starts up again the groups are getting desperate as a re-election of President Trump looms in the background.

IU is a school that has a town. A quick check on numbers shows Bloomington having a population of 85,000 and IU having a student body of 48,500.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I guess the equation is
    ANTIFA = Hippies = College = Bloomington

I have not hung out in the Bloomington area is it normal?
    The farmers market here is usually sold out before noon.
    I don’t know what the reaction to something like that here would be I assume the local Polize would not allow it if they were locals.
    If they were outsiders I would predict a bad scene quickly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ANTIFA has agents withing the White house...

Some antifa techie decided it would be funny to replace the presidential seal that is projected behind the president as he spoke at a Teen Student Action Summit... Nobody noticed until after.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/presi...7SdqgDxB301m6sOlz1Q7D0BZZeCba-cZDuo9-69Fo1QYE

Story is somebody was fired, but this kind of sedition from within the government should be considered more serious that that. (Yes, even if done under king obama.)

This is nothing less than an attempt to bring down a sitting president from within.

This is NOT free speech. In most countries, this would get you dead...

There should have been some kind of federal charges filed.

It was funny, and it IS free speech. That fact that you think someone should go to jail over this scares me a bit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First, good to see you. It seems that I haven't seen you post in a month of Sundays!

As for the incident, I don't see hijacking the employer's equipment and defacing the employer's seal as protected under the first amendment. I couldnt see a charge greater than something in the vandalism/criminal mischief class but I fail to see any more protection than the Brady Campaign hacking INGO and posting anti-gun drivel.

I don't know what you mean. The organization that employed the guy, fired him... as their right, nevertheless it's still protected speech.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder if the Presidential Seal has any legal or copy write protections on it?

"Presidential staffer left behind in Yemen, film at 11."

I doubt it. The only laws I can see related to seals/symbols, is using them to misrepresent yourself, in an official capacity, as someone you're not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    you do know there are thousands of them right????......the things the do are just kiddie pranks....no harm no foul....:rolleyes:

Thousands of them with a grand total body count of? I'm not saying that the group isn't a bad group, with some violent people.... but terrorist organization on par with MS13? I just don't see it. I asked generally, once before, if there was a list of domestic organizations that are labeled terrorist groups. If I could see that list, and there are groups lesser than MS13 and more along the Antifa USA lines, I may be convinced otherwise.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    MS13... Antifa... BLM... Occupation Hippies... The Clintons...
    They're all the same and should be treated as such.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It was funny, and it IS free speech. That fact that you think someone should go to jail over this scares me a bit.

That would depend on whether any laws were broken to pull it off. The act itself, no. But other illegal acts done in the process, sure. Prosecute away.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

It would have been funny had it been done by an outside hacker, but not from within.

I just think that when a government employee does something to undermine his own government... There's probably a law somewhere that covers that. For one, whoever did it, had to use their government computer, and equipment to pull off this "free speech" during work hours, at an official work function.

When you work for the government/military there are almost always a different set of laws... Kind of a civilian version of the UCMJ so to speak. You don't work for POTUS like you do some machine shop downtown. I'm almost certain that somewhere there's a law that covers this.

It probably just isn't being pursued so it won't look like some sort of soviet-like purge in the liberal media when footage of the guy being carted off to jail gets aired.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A "major" terrorist organization, on par with MS-13? Really... I mean c'mon. That's just dumb.

I will go along with your point so long as no one *****es when we have to put a bullet through one of their heads ever so often. I for one am NOT going to just stand there and take a beatdown.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It would have been funny had it been done by an outside hacker, but not from within.

I just think that when a government employee does something to undermine his own government... There's probably a law somewhere that covers that. For one, whoever did it, had to use their government computer, and equipment to pull off this "free speech" during work hours, at an official work function.

When you work for the government/military there are almost always a different set of laws... Kind of a civilian version of the UCMJ so to speak. You don't work for POTUS like you do some machine shop downtown. I'm almost certain that somewhere there's a law that covers this.

It probably just isn't being pursued so it won't look like some sort of soviet-like purge in the liberal media when footage of the guy being carted off to jail gets aired.

That's different. In this instance it was a private organization.

Top Bottom